Prologue

In the far corners of the universe there lays a magical, mythical, and majestic kingdom known as Hyrule.

Its blood covered history goes back to the beginning of time.

Not the wrath of Ganon, the Hyrule Civil War, the attack of Vaati, or the curse of Demise could bring an end to Hyrule, for in each generation a Hero and a Princess were born with the names Link and Zelda to destroy an evil to save the land.

Each Hero wielded the Master Sword, a legendary weapon forged from Master Ore by the Goddess Hylia herself, and the blood of the Royal Family flowed from Hylia's descendants.

Over a thousand years from the modern time, the Ancient Sages sealed away the fabled evil known as Ganon, and after that battle there was a Golden Age that lasted a thousand years, known as the Millennium of Peace.

This Era of Prosperity was ended with the onslaught of the Hyrule Civil War, but the Great-Grandfather of the current Princess Zelda restored Hyrule, and united the tribes again.

Peace lasted for a few generations thanks to the Royal Family's control and the help of the Sheikah Tribe who served them in Hylia's name.

But that ended one fateful night...

In recent years, Highly Advanced Sheikah Technology from days past had been excavated due to the prophecies of the King's personal fortune teller, Astor.

And Five Champions were appointed from various tribes, four of them to pilot mechanical wonders known as the Divine Beasts that had the power to battle against evil.

The Master Sword was plucked from the stone by the Hylian Champion, Link.

At the same time, Princess Zelda was born.

A week after her birth, a party was held in the Dining Hall of Hyrule Castle to celebrate the birth of Princess Zelda.

Attending the party was the King and Queen of Hyrule, the baby Zelda, the Hero Link, the Prophet Astor, the Sheikah Chief and Bodyguard of Zelda whose name was Impa, and a dozen other Sheikah Warriors.

The Sheikah had been angered by the King's recent decision to banish them from Kakariko Village, and they were forced to create a settlement in the Necluda Region.

Impa told the King on this fateful eve that she was going to speak with the other Four Champions, who had arrived for the party late.

Once she was gone, Astor glanced over at the other Sheikah Warriors.

They all nodded their heads in agreement to whatever Astor's signal meant, and one of them instantly brought an end to an era of peace by unsheathing a Vicious Sickle.

When Impa returned after hearing screams, she entered the Dining Hall only to find the Master Sword submerged into a wall, and a Hall stained with the blood of Hylia.

These events came to be known as "Royal Massacre"

Impa eventually arrived in the forests of Ordona Province where two thirty year old siblings were traveling horseback through the forests, just returning from a visit to Ordon Village and on their way back to Castle Town.

Impa saw them, and rode to the Spring of Courage in Faron Woods

"O Goddess Hylia, I see that woman who rides that horse in the forests to the south. A Hero is needed in Hyrule. Do your magic"

And with that, deep in the southern forests, a miracle happened.