Epilogue

"Wooo, that's my boyfriend!" Xia called out as Yangyang's car sped past the finish line, marking him as the winner of the race. She had a big smile on her face as Yangyang came out of his car, politely thanking his opponents before turning towards his friends.

"What is that? Your twentieth win here in Beijing?" Renjun asked, giving Yangyang a pat.

"Twenty-first." Winwin corrected, nodding his head. "You did well. Ten would have been proud."

At the mention of his late mentor, Xia noticed Yangyang's smile fade for a second before it came back.

"Thanks everyone. Couldn't be here without you."

Xia went over to her boyfriend, giving him a hug before taking his hand, gently tugging it. "Come on, we need to go home and pack."

Yangyang giggled as the others gave them a wave before heading off in their own directions. "Why can't we celebrate first?"

"You want to celebrate all the time." Xia said with a pout. Yangyang's face remained unchanged though.

"I heard there's a street market that's opened late. You can't say no to street food." Yangyang said with a mischievious grin.

Xia sighed, knowing her boyfriend was right.

"Okay, fine but since you won so much money tonight, you're paying."

...

Yangyang felt happy as he watched Xia eat the last of the beef skewers, a sound of satisfaction coming out of her mouth.

Street food was something that always reminded him of the night he met Xia. It was definitely a big leap of faith, sharing dishes with someone he barely knew but he had no regrets.

Xia was doing well, performing at a different gigs every time they travelled to a new city. She was a well-known performance DJ and every night club seemed to want her there. His favourite part though was how Xia always made sure to invite Yangyang on stage for her closing piece, making sure to introduce him to the crowd as her boyfriend.

Yangyang was doing well too, winning many races. He did lose some but always took it as a learning experience. With the races and Xia's DJ gigs, the two of them lived a very comfortable life.

"Oh my gosh, it's so late." Xia exclaimed as she stared at her phone, which read that it was all early in the morning. "Yangyang, we need to be up early tomorrow!"

"Just sleep on the plane." Yangyang said as he gathered the garbage. "Or don't pack as much."

"Neither of those sound like good options." Xia pointed out, narrowing her eyes at him. "But I'll let it slide if we get bing tanghulu."

"Deal." Yangyang said as he stood up, letting Xia take his hands as they went over to the stand that sold the candied hawthorns.

...

Soon they were back at their apartment, lying in bed. There wasn't much point in sleeping as they had to get up in an hour but at least their bags were packed.

They were travelling to Macau to watch the Macau Grand Prix, something that Hendery had promised Yangyang. Now that Hendery had graduated and Yangyang was a good enough racer that he could handle the streets of Macau, this would be the perfect time to go.

Xia noticed that Yangyang's eyes were focused on the ceiling as she lay on his chest, a sign that the male was deep in thought. She gave him a kiss that knocked him out of it, the male taking a deep breath before smiling.

"Something wrong?" Yangyang asked as he met her eyes. Xia shook her head.

"I was going to ask you that." Xia told him.