Chapter 51

Josie, Ava's Mom had noticed Ava behaviour lately and how off she seemed to be. There was something behind her smile that wasn't as bright as it use to be.

Maybe it made more sense to Josie of Ava's behaviour when she had gone to pick up and seen Cameron go off with the twins. Also that Ava had came out with the girl that Ava had told her multiple times she didn't like.

When they would get home Josie would have a serious talk to Darla about Ava. Now it was just trying to get enough information out of the five year old.

"Ava are you okay? You seem a bit down?" Josie looked back at Ava through the rearview mirror.

She shrugged. "Yeah I guess I'm okay."

"Honey, if something is bothering you, you can always talk to me or mommy."

Ava sighed fiddling with her fingers. "Mommy?"

Josie hummed in response.

"I'm always right, aren't I?" Ava's head tilted to the side slightly as she tried to get a better look at her Mom.

Josie let out a small laugh as she glanced at the mirror to see Ava. "Honey, you can't be always be right then you won't learn when you are wrong."

"But you always say Mommy is always right."

"Yes I do but she isn't always right whether she would like to admit it or not. But don't tell her I said that."

Ava's lips perched into a straight line as she thought about her Moms words. Ava had always been smart so you could say and she liked learning. So maybe being wrong wasn't truly a bad idea but it was a hard one to digest.

"Why do you ask?" Josie sent her daughter another glance.

Ava started to fiddle with her top. "Cameron told me you can have more then one best friend and I told her you could only have one. Then Maya told me that I was right so I became friends with her."

Josie sighed, she knew Cameron was a nice girl and obviously them not talking had an impact on Ava. "Ava honey, you can have as much best friends as you want. But it's not okay for you to be sour and ignore your friends. How long has this been going on?"

"A week I think? I'm not that good with days. I keep losing track." Ava started to mumble.

"Ava as your Mom I will tell you to try make up with Cameron and your other friends."

"But I can't just leave Maya. Then she will have no friends." Ava's eyes widened.

Maya was actually a nice girl. Maya craved attention something she didn't get off her Dad. So she tried to get it off everyone else around her and surprisingly she enjoyed having Ava as her friend.

"Why can't you all play together?" Josie pulled into the driveway.

"I don't know if they would want that." Ava shrugged her attention was now turned to look out the window.

"Well you have to include everyone. Plus you never know until you try." Josie turned around her seat so she could get a proper look of Ava.

Ava looked at Josie giving her a nod. She had to at least try.

The day after the playdate was a vist to the hospital. This vist was slightly different to the other times the boys and Cameron had visited. Instead of sitting in the hospital room, Robert was allowed to take a walk around the grounds.

Owen and Mason didn't like the idea at first incase anything was to happen but Robert made a compromise that they could bring a wheelchair just incase he gets tired or something happens.