Chapter 3

BROKEN HEARTS CLUB
☽   ✮   ☾

FREYA HAD FORCED HOPE TO GOT OUT

FREYA HAD FORCED HOPE TO GOT OUT. She had literally threatened her. And not in a human way with grounding her or taking her phone, but in a witchy way. And Freya Mikaelson was not someone you wanted to mess with. On top of that, since she was pregnant, her aunt had been very moody and easily angered. Keelin on the other hand had suggested that Hope could meet up with John B the boy she used to babysit, but Hope preferred being alone.

She had promised to herself she would try to be happy not that she would try to make friends. And being alone made her happy---well that was a lie. More like painting alone in her room, with music. That was happiness to her. But completely loneliness was not enjoyable either.

She just didn't want to get hurt again by making friends, she has bad luck in that department. And she also didn't want to hurt anyone, Henry was dead and it was her fault after all.

But painting, it was helping her keeping control after all her life had been crushed when her parents had died. Especially since it was her fault. She chooses the canvas, the painting, the colors she was in control of every step. She liked being in control of things because she didn't have control over the hollow, who had inhabited her when she was a child traumatizing her and tearing her family apart. She wasn't in control neither when both her parents and bar uncle died.

So painting gives her back control she didn't have, although she was the strongest creature in the world.

Hope went into town, looking around to try to get used to the new place she was now living in. Outer Banks is definitely different than New Orleans, very different. Hope ordered Mango Milkshake in the wreck, the best restaurant in town from what she heard. Then she went with her milkshake on the beach, put on her sunglasses, and sat down on the sand. Enjoying the view she began to draw the waves while listening to music with her headphones on.

She then cursed herself when she noticed the annoying boy, JJ surfing on the beach. Hope didn't want him to think she was stalking him or something like that. So she went back to drawing ignoring him. But sometimes she couldn't help but peek at him while he was surfing, he sure was talented. And she had to admit he was very handsome shirtless with the sun on his chest.

She cursed herself, last time she thought someone was handsome shirtless he ended up being a liar that used her. She could not fall into a trap like that again. She would not be stupid ever again.

While Hope was sketching, she was startled by someone coming next to her, and ruining her drawing. It was JJ who was smirking, holding his surfboard, his head over her drawing with his soaked hair. She cursed as her drawing was getting wet because of that idiot.