4

It was 10:22. I still had plenty of time to leave my house and go meet Diane. I was preparing a dummy in case my mom went in my room while I slept, it looked quite real so I wasn't too concerned about getting caught.

I had thought about sneaking out my window, but if by any chance my mom or Nicole did go to see if I was asleep, they would notice my widow wasn't locked, so I had decided to make my way out of the house through the bathroom window. The bathroom window had always been broken, so it was always open.

I opened my bedroom door, and walked through the corridor to Nicole's room, for my luck she was up. I went into her bedroom and asked, "Do you have any melatonin left? I can't sleep," I lied.

She looked up from her laptop and nodded, making her way to her closet. As soon as she was occupied digging through her things, I stole a cigarette from her nightstand and saved it in my pocket. Shortly she came back with the pill and I took it from her, "Thank you," I muttered.

"Good night," Nicole said nicely, closing her door as soon as I was out of her room. I looked down the stairs to see my mom passed out in the couch. She had drunk a whole bottle of red wine and was completely zoned out. I sighed in relief, realizing that it wouldn't be as hard as I thought to sneak out.

I went back in my room, closed the door and threw the melatonin in the garbage. I checked myself in the mirror again, I had changed my Nirvana shirt for a black top that made my breasts look great, and it sure looked even cuter along with the jeans I was wearing and my black themed makeup making me look sexier than ever.

11:00 approached, so I grabbed my lighter, my phone and put on my vans quickly, then I stepped out of my room, closing the door behind me. When inside the bathroom I kept the door slightly open, since I didn't want to make any noise when closing it.

I took a deep breath and made my way out the window. I walked slowly through the roof and made my way down to the street.

When I arrived at school I took out the cigarette and lightened it, looking around in search for Miss Williams. Suddenly I heard footsteps and I couldn't help but smile slightly as I exhaled smoke.

She was wearing a Montgomery coat, both her hands on her pockets as she walked towards me, "You came."

"You left me no choice. I wasn't going to leave a kid in the middle of the night with all these rapists and criminals... you never know."

I nodded, watching her act awkwardly, looking around, everywhere but me, "You wanted to talk," she said.

Her eyes found mine, "I did. I do." I said sincerely, bring the cigarette to my lips and inhaling it before exhaling it.

"You weren't like this, Lou." She said, her tone with a hint of pity.

I watched her stare at me, frowning a little, "You were cheerful," Diane said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, making me shiver to the slightest touch from her fingers.

"Like a cartoon?" I asked, watching her smile a little.

She stepped even closer, for a moment. thought she was going to kiss me, but she grabbed the cigarette from my hand, took a step back and inhaled from the cigarette.

She exhaled the smoke, and I watched how sexy it was to see her do that. I liked the image of her smoking, holding the cigarette in her fingers in such a delicate way, it was sexy, graceful, beautiful... it was like poetry.

"Not like a cartoon. You were different. I can't quite explain it. It's not only your new style... or the extra dark eyeshadow... it's..."

"Like I'm a different person?" I cut her off, resting my back against the brick wall, watching her finish my cigarette. I had a cocky grin on my face, pleased to have here here in front of me.