twenty three

Christmas break part three.
Just a lil extra fun filler chapter 🍨

Evie's view:

The next morning I woke up before Valentina. She was still nude from last night, and laying on her stomach with her head sideways on the pillow.

I smiled at the sight and leaned over to brush her hair back to give her temple a small kiss.

My phone said it was only 8 a.m. right now but even after last night my body was still eager to wake up early. I blame my job.

I crept out of bed slowly and looked through my luggage to pull on a silk robe. Then headed to the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and my hair before sneaking out of the room.

The hallway was quiet and I couldn't hear anyone else out in the living room or kitchen.

I assumed the twins and Abby were all still asleep despite their early bedtime yesterday.

I made some coffee for myself and sipped the hot beverage for a bit in the kitchen until I got the sudden urge to go exploring.

We had gotten to the cabin late in the afternoon that I didn't even get a full tour of the magnificent place.

I wandered the hallway downstairs seeing a guest bathroom, the doors to our room and then a small hallway at the end that led to another double doorway.

Raising my brow out of curiosity, I held my mug in one hand and walked down the hallway to the wooden doors. I stared at the handle for a bit wondering if it was appropriate for me to even be doing this.

Wouldn't it be an invasion of privacy?

It's not like I'd go looking through whatever was in the room. I just wanted to know what was behind the doors.

I sighed to myself and grabbed the metal knob, turning it slowly and pushing the door open. It made a little creaking noise which made me cringe. Hopefully Valentina hadn't heard it.

I walked inside the room that had white plush carpeting, a large desk with a chair behind it, a rug almost half the size of the room, large bookshelves and some modern couches for seating scattered around.

This room had two big windows similar to the one in our bedroom.

The sun was brightly shining through the large open curtains that were an off white. Most of the furniture and decor being a similar color or something neutral.

It was a beautiful room and I assumed it was just a office for Valentina to use when she needed it for work.

But who would work while away on vacation?
Crazy people that's who.

I sipped my coffee glancing around the room some more and noticed a largely framed photo. It was hung just behind the desk and the largest photo in the entire room.

I moved closer looking directly up at the picture and scanned my eyes over every inch of it.

The framed photograph was of Yolei and the twins. Along with a smaller photo next to it.

I set my coffee down on the desk admiring the beautiful photos in front of me. The girls looked much younger with their baby faces.

"Mama.." I heard a tired mumble behind me.

I spun around quickly tucking my hair behind my ear. Nani stood at the door looking like she was still partially asleep, and rubbing her eyes constantly.

She called me Mama.. did she think I was Yolei by accident? Suddenly I felt a panic rise within me because I had no idea what to say. It was either break her heart all over again or not say any