chapter 4

First Day Back

Y/n's first day was going pretty well so far her first two classes weren't boring but next she had defence against the dark arts.

She didn't know if she should be excited or scared.

Y/n walked into the class and sat next to Mae behind Dean and Neville.

"Alastor Moody." The new professor said turning to the chalkboard.

"Ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent, and your new defence against the dark arts teacher."

"I am here because Dumbledore asked me End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" He stated.
"When it comes to the dark arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three sir." Hermione answered.

"And they are so named?" He asked

"Because they are unforgivable." Y/n stated. "The use of any one of them will-"

"Earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct!" He said still writing. "Now the ministry says your too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what your up against!" He started yelling. "You need to be prepared! You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk Mr. Finnigan!"

Everyone turned to Seamus who started whispering. "No way. The old codger can see out of the back of his head."

Mad-eye threw chalk at him. "And hear across classrooms!" He yelled.

"So which curse shall we see first?" He asked.

"Weasley!" He yelled.

"Yes?" Ron said timidly looking up at the crazy man.

"Stand." Ron stood.

"Give is a curse." Mad-Eye said.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one." Mad-Eye looked at the read-head boy. "The Imperius Curse."

"Oh yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago." Mad-Eye said. "Perhaps this will show you why."

He walked to the front of the classroom and grabbed a spider out of a jar.

'If that's a poisonous spider I'm quitting school.' Y/n thought to herself

"Engorgio." He said making the spider twice as big. "Imperio."

He made the spider jump onto Dean and Nevilles desk causing Dean to back away.

He then made it jump onto Crabbe's head and he closed his eyes for dear life.

"Don't worry. It's completely harmless." Mad-Eye said.

Padma Patil laughed a small bit so Mad-Eye made the spider jump onto her hand making her freak out.

He then got the spider over Ron's head.

"If she bites she's lethal." He cackled placing the spider on Ron's head.

Ron was whimpering due to the fact that his fear is spiders.

Everyone was laughing insanely especially Malfoy.

"What are you laughing at?" Mad-Eye said before flinging the spider onto Draco's face next to his eye.

"Get it off get it off!" He whined. That made y/n laugh really hard.

"Oh you too." He flicked the spider onto her shoulder and it was crawling around her torso.