✨Chapter Sixteen✨

~~~~~

"Is that supposed to be offensive?" You asked with furrowed brows, ready to fight back. Whatever it was that he was on about, you were ready to win. Although, normally he's not the joking type, that's mostly Jackson.

"No, no." He laughed from your reaction and you raised a brow to his suspicious behavior. "I just wanted to see you, you know?" Mark smiled and you smiled back to your friend in order to be polite. Since the way he was acting was strange.

"Let's go to the couch." You offered and he followed you into Vernon's living space. You took your seat next to him on the couch.

"But seriously Mark, are you alright?" You asked curiously to your off-putting friend.

"Why wouldn't I be, it took me years to realize who was for me." He said so calmly and he seemed to be genuinely content with his answer. "She was always in my class, sat close to me, smiled so beautifully."

"Oh, that makes me so happy!" You said excited for your friend that you were highly sure was into guys, but love is love. You wondered who she was. Who was it that sat next to him in class again?

Irene.

"Y/n . . . "

And you.

Oops.

"You don't know how much you mean too me." He said and you smiled to him, trying to play stupid from this point on. After your whole Jimin experience, you do not need another guy in your life. Maybe girls instead will do.

"I'm glad I can help, and be all that I can." You said to your friend, in a 'friendly' manor.

"Oh but you've already done enough, you helped show me it was you at the party." He said. That made a little bit more sense, you knew there was no other time you could've shown him affection to make him go crazy.

The bad thing is, you were too drunk to remember the party.

"Which part really showed through at the party?" You asked him to not be obvious about the part of you being black out drunk.

"The part where we made out, until that Jimin came of course." He said then sighed as his shoulders tilted over.

That's why Jimin was so mean, so angry. It made you feel bad, making you just want to run back to him.

But you also want to punch him in the face for being an idiot.

What makes him think that your actions didn't have to do with you being drunk. Plus he was saying things that you couldn't believe. It was probably hard to take since you had that little crush on him, like every other girl.

You wouldn't want Jimin because of his harsh language. You could blame yourself partly for returning some of the favors but that part, just makes you irk.

"Y/n?" Mark asks as you were still lost in thought. You nodded to give him some sort of reply as you needed some time to speak since your throat had dried up.

"I want to take things slow . . ." He continued on, not even asking you how you felt now. Although he does know that you have a hard time saying no anyways.

" . . . will you go on a date with me?"

You would've choked on your drink if you had one. The words wouldn't leave your mouth. You cant say yes or no, not even maybe.

"It's your choice." He softly frowned.

You coughed out a weird giggle, "Depends." Was what came out of your mouth.

He slightly tilted his head to the side. "What would I have to do to turn that into a 'yes'?" He smiled while slowly leaning in. You didn't know how to brace for the kiss he was going after.

*ring* *ring*

Then like the villager bells alluring you too enter your home you jumped up feeling saved. "I have to go get that, stay here." You said quickly, probably too fast for him to comprehend but you made your way to the door.

Opening it, you see Jimin. Holding a watermelon?

"Why do you have a whole watermelon with you?" You asked.

He didn't say anything but enter the apartment, placing the watermelon on the counter.

"Wait, how did you know I was here?" You froze up and stood almost at attention. Yoongi said to be weary of letting others know. Of course Jimin found a way. He probably followed you, you wouldn't be surprised. He'd do anything he could to ruin your chance at pursuing happiness.

He smiled, "You bought, you take it. It's yours."

"It's seriously a whole watermelon that I didn't bring for a reason, enjoy it yourself." You folded your arms.

"So be it, I guess." He said and went around the kitchen opening every cupboard.

"Jimin, what are you doing?" You asked annoyed, just waiting for him to leave Vernon's place.

"You said to enjoy it myself."

"Not here! You're so unbelievable." You uncrossed your arms, going to close all the things he opened. Lastly, you go to the heavy watermelon and pick it up.

"Take it."

He holds out his arms to take it, and as you drop it into them, he swiftly moves his arms away. Making the big melon fall onto the floor with a loud thud and a splash of juice come at you.

"Jimin!" You huff in frustration and go onto your knees to the ground. You begin to pick up the scraps.

"Y/n, what was all that noise?" Mark enters the kitchen. At this point you don't care what Jimin sees. He can believe whatever he wants.

You look up to see Jimin roll his eyes. "What's he doing here?" Jimin asked, you can here the salty tang in his voice.

"We we're hanging out until you rudely interrupted, actually." You said to make him more angry. He doesn't have a right to get mad, he's not your boyfriend nor your brother.

"Of course, I should have expected." He scoffed.

You smiled before looking back to Mark who was standing there just confused.

"Could you help me Mark, also I have something to ask." You directed towards him and he came over to help pick up the watermelon. He was in front of you on his knees. You rest your hand on one of his hands and smirk.

"What day should we go on that date?"