022. starry eyed

( 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚'𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒔 )
twenty two.『 STARRY EYED

THE CITIZENS OF THE CAPITOL WERE HARD TO PLEASE

THE CITIZENS OF THE CAPITOL WERE HARD TO PLEASE. Somehow Indigo had scraped by her first Games without any trouble. These would be much harder if she wanted the Capitol to remember her name amongst the many more famed victors. A score wasn't enough. And while for some, she was a favorite (for what reason she didn't know━ but then again why would they have favorite murderers), but that wasn't for many. There were many others around her with names more known than her. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark being the stars of the show.

Relying on Sonya to make a stunning dress that would hopefully sweep them off their feet was only part of it.

It was the morning of the approaching interviews, Indie was biting her nails that her stylists would surely scold her for later, staring at the wall before her with her feet drawn up to her chest. She felt sick on the inside, despite being in the comfort of her own room, on the softest bed she'd ever slept on. It was a lot bigger than necessary, something she never understood. Why would someone need all this room? And surely the silent Avoxes hated it, having to make such a big bed.

The alarm had yet to go off. In general, ever since her games, she hadn't been able to sleep much. Now, with her second games approaching, she once again felt the same fear and nervousness that she had during her first games. That bundle resting in her stomach, making her want to scream and run away. Only, now they were in the heart of the beast. There was no where for her to go now, but forward, marching towards her own death. Often, she wondered what death would be like. And whether it was in a few weeks, or tomorrow, or by some miracle years, she'd find out. But before that, she'd fight.

The door opened and she glanced over to the intruder. Stephanie glided in, dark circles resting under her eyes looking as though she hadn't gotten any sleep either. But she'd be camera ready by the end of the day. She offered Indie a steaming cup of coffee, which Indie took and both sat on the bed, staring at the bland wall opposite them.

"You look awful." Stephanie finally said, breaking the silence.

Indie snorted, taking a sip of her coffee. "You can't talk." She replied, and Stephanie shrugged.

"Nervous?"

"Obviously."

Stephanie rolled her eyes, shaking her head at the shorter brunette girl. "You know, I don't appreciate your tone."

"Sorry, mom." Stephanie glared fiercely, Indie hiding a small smile before they both burst into giggles, Indie falling against her as they laughed lightly.