thirteen

Ten agonizing days later Dorea found herself sitting in the silent living room. She had a book in her lap and was waiting for her father to come in, he had called them all in.

"alright so tonight is Christmas eve, and as you all know we are going to Grimauld Place. I expect you all to behave" he spoke staring directly at Dorea who only smirked at him. "and if you don't there will be..consequences"he said not breaking eye contact with Dorea.

"what would these consequences be father?" Cissa asked. She was scared for Rea.

"We'll find out if the time comes but I will be very upset if it does come."

"yes and we expect you all to be pleasant. That means speaking to people" Her mother said throwing a glare to Dorea.

"hah ok evil witch" she said under her breath so only Narcissa could hear. She was surprised those words even came out of her mouth, a year ago she would never even think that. Narcissa shot Dorea a look that said shut up. And she did so.

"now I want you all to go prepare, make yourselves look presentable." Dorea wanted to scoff or sigh but not a peep left her mouth. Bellatrix had nudged her and glared at her and that was enough to wash away all the previous confidence she had.

"now go get  out of my sight" he yelled and the three girls got up and proceeded up the tall stairs. Narcissa smiled at Dorea which made Dorea smile to. Cissa didn't hate her. Well at this moment she didn't but she could pull a Bella at any moment but hopefully she wouldn't.

Narcissa ran a hand through her blonde hair and grabbed Dorea's hand running up the stairs giddly. Cissa always dolled Dorea up, with jewelry and dresses making her look like one of the girls in those ball movies.

She pulled out a short dress that had a puffed up bottom that reached her knee's the dress was all black.It had long sleeves as well, Dorea slipped it on and it fit. Dorea put on skin colored tights to cover up some bruises and cuts from view. Then Narcissa braided Dorea's hair. Dorea smiled a bit and looked Narcissa in the eye.

Dorea grabbed small little yellow bows and put them on the ends of her braids.

"hufflepuff colors" Dorea smiled as she spoke. Cissa giggled a bit

"they won't like that one bit Bear" she said with a small smile on her face

"I know"

She hen put on a simple gold necklace chain and clasped a little charm hr sister Andie had given her it had a small car on it.

"you look so pretty" Narcissa smiled as she looked at her work then she grabbed some concealer from her room to cover up some cuts from the chess incident.

"ok Bear change those bandages and then we're set" Cissa said and left to get ready. Rea unwrapped her left hand and saw her hand was healing but taking out the stitches would hurt like awfully. Maybe she'd get Madam Pomfrey to do it.

She grabbed a clean spool of skin colored bandages, she carefully and tightly wrapped her hand and smiled at her reflection. Maybe everything would be ok.

"Oh Bearr" Bella's voice rang through the door and when she peered in she smirked. "you look so perfect Bear" she spoke and stood behind her. Dorea's breathing heavied a bit but when Bella placed her hands on her shoulders she jumped. Bella frowned the tiniest bit.

"yellow bows?" she asked fiddling with her braids.

"they were the only ones..I could find" she lied

"oh darling I know you're lying. Maybe you aren't such a screw up" and with that Bella leaned down and kissed her cheek and walked out. Dorea stood there bewildered. She hates her one second and the next she's kissing her cheek.