"Go"

"Go." My eyes widen at Xiaos words- er word.
"The fact your considering it, means you want to help. Whats stopping you?"

What was stopping me? Memories of Baal before Father passed? Fear of the unknown? Freedom itself is such a brod concept. How could we attain freedom, how could we give freedom.

Thease are things the Animo arcon must know. Barbatos, the god of freedom. So what was holding me back from leaving to Mondstadt, a city i had alwasy dreammed of visiting.

I could visulise the city, from the old p
Maps and drawings hidden away in the palace. Yet the thought of leaving Wangshu Inn, it, scared me.

Im not scared of hillichurls or any slime I might face on the way. Not scared of the new people I would meet.

I was scared of leaving,

Leaving Xiao.

"Go with me." The words sliped off my tongue without me willing it. I see his golden eyes widen, had his eyes alwasy been this pretty? I have looked in them countless times to see the hidden emotions he kept under lock n key. Yet i had never noticed how they shine like the sun in the dead of night.

"I cant, I have to-"

"No, you dont the contract has ended." He seemed surprised i knew of the contract, I had asked Zhongli about it during our lunch.

"How did you" I smile, noticing he has a dimple. When he speaks there is a small dimple on his left cheek. Why was I just noticing this? Why was i noticing this ingeneral?

Im not what you would call observant, just perceptive.

"Its a secret~" I giggle, at the face he makes. He sighs, I expect him to say no.

"See me as a weapon. Im willing to protect you, but dont think about getting close, and stay out of my way. Or all that awaits you is regret." His words were strange, he seemed distant. He even refused to look me in the eye.

"Is that a yes?" He gives me a brief nod, I smile,

"But i must return before the weeks end."

"Wouldn't have it anyother way, sir Adeptus." I laugh, at my own words.

~~~

We left Wangshu inn at daybreak the following day. Verr sent us with penty of food and mora for the trip. I tryed to refuse it but she snuck it into my back when I wasn't looking.

"And we're off!" Jess jumps obviously excited.

"Calm down JJ we still got a while before we reach Mondstadt." I roll my eyes at my brothing bringing his old nickname back from the dead.

"Y/nnnn i dont you not to call me that. It soulds like a little kids name! Im 1247 years old!" He states his age with such confidence.

I tap my chin, "is that how old we are? I lost track at 20-" Aether laughs at my words, and I heard a small hum from Xiao. 

Jess would not stop talking for the entire trip. But i found it pleasant, it had been so long cence we had spend time like this.

"Oh oh! You want to hear about baby Y/n" no.

"Paimon dose!" No.

"Sure why no-Y/n? Are you ok" i was giving my brother the ugliest look i could. I knew the exact moment he wanted to talk about.

I was 17 years old. When i had a crush on a guard. He was only 18 so it wasn't outladish or anything. But Jess knew all to well how i fawned over him.

"Come on Y/n its been centuries and you still dont want to talk about it? It was hilarious! The way you would sigh as he passed! Oh my arcons it was priceless." I grab his shirt by the collar,

"We do not speak of this." I say plainly, dropping him and continuing on. I heard Paimon whisper "i know a good tavern for the story." I roll my eyes at the flouting child.

I was walking far ahead of the group now, I hadn't noticed Xiao had joined my side.

"What was his name?" Xiao spoke up startling me.

"Oh so mr.weapon wants to know about my old crush huh? Well not gunna happen my lips are gleued shut"

"Liam." JJ stated from the other side of me. Cence when was he so quite. Paimon started asking for more 'juicy details' I just stayed quite. Jess could tell any story he wanted about me. But that one was off limits.

What happened?

He died just like my father. Liam died protecting me.

I refuse to let my brother tarnish his legacy with the stupid feeling I thought I had. Not to mention, he turned me down. A lot.

~~~
Ooooo Liammmm~ oh sh!t he ded oopsy