Liam Dunbar

Liam was on the lacrosse team and I was in the book club.

He liked going out to parties and I prefer to spend time alone at home.

He had a lot of friend while I had none.

He was financially stable while I was not.

He was popular and I was not.

One thing we did have in common was our love for science. Whenever we would speak it would be about that. And every time we had a science project we grouped up together to do it.

We quickly became friends but not in school. We would always hand out after, where we wouldn't be seen.

We would never be seen together out in public. I didn't want to, he always said he would lose his popularity if it happened.

Whenever I would try to speak to him in school he would just ignore me or say some nasty words.

I would always forgive him tho since he was such a sweetheart when we were alone.

I knew I definitely wasn't ever to be called his 'friend' in public.

I know that I am not good enough for him. I can never bring him up, I can only bring him down in popularity.

I knew he was embarrassed of me, why else wouldn't he let us be seen in public?

Why was he such a good and bad friend at the same time? Did I deserve to be treated like I was not good enough?

Should I be satisfied with just this?