Dad

Izuku's POV

   Mirio-san was glaring at Overhaul, and Aika was next to him. I took this chance to wiggle away with Eri. Uraraka was waiting for us, and she quickly took Eri to safety. I was taken away by Nighteye and Allmight to a different car. They started asking me if I was okay, and got a doctor to observe me for any injuries.

   "Oh, I'm fine. Overhaul didn't do anything." I smiled. "I'm just worried about Eri."

   Sir Nighteye glared at me, and I gulped. Allmight was pretty strict too, which was rare to see. I laughed sheepishly, dismissing their concerns and explaining what happened during my time with the villain.

   "Well, nothing special happened...The only thing that they did was that they injected some temporary quirk cancelling liquid into me." I explained. "I don't know how long the effects are going to last. But I was able to use my quirk every few days."

   "I see..." Allmight mumbled. "As soon as everyone gets back and the villains are captured, we'll go back to UA."

   "You will be exempt from any hero duties and school work." Mr. Aizawa said walking towards us. "Your manager has also made some changes to your schedule so that you can rest."

   I nodded, my gaze often returning to where the police were surrounding. I heard crashes and yells. I frowned, slowly walking towards where Eri was taken. When I got there, I was surprised by a tight hug.

   There were two nurses, a few female pro heroes, a doctor, and Uraraka. The nurses let out a relieved sigh when they saw me and pleaded me to help them.

   "She refuses to let the doctor examine her. We can see her injuries but if she doesn't let us see it, we won't be able to know how severe it is." A nurse said. "She flinches everytime we go near her. Could you calm her down?"

   I chuckled and looked down at Eri who was hugging onto my legs. I lightly patted her head, running my fingers through her soft locks. Eri looked up, holding up two arms. I carefully picked her up, and Eri immediately clung onto my shirt.

   "I-It's scary..." Eri mumbled, burying her face into my shoulder. 

   "Now now, Eri...They won't hurt you." I said, trying to calm her down. "They're just trying to help you. Besides! You have me right next to you. What is there to worry about?"

   Eri looked at me, and I smiled.

   "Don't be scared okay?" I smiled, sitting down on the seat. 

   Eri nodded hesitantly, and the doctor started examining her. Thankfully, her condition didn't seem to be too severe. Just some rest and nutrition would be enough for her physical health. Especially since her quirk healed most of her injuries.

   "See? It wasn't too bad." I said, patting Eri's head. 

   Eri quietly nibbled on the piece of chocolate that the nurse had given her, and her delight was written all over her face. Uraraka was staring at us and blushed when we made eye contact.

   "I-I'm sorry for staring." Uraraka hastily said. "I just thought you guys looked like siblings..."

   "Or even like father and daughter!" Mina said, popping up behind Uraraka.

   "Oh, really?" I chuckled. "Eri, they said that you look like my daughter!"

   "...Dad? Daughter?" Eri mumbled. "You're going to be my dad?"

   I laughed and jokingly said that I would...Which Eri seems to have taken seriously. Her eyes lit up and hugged me, saying that she never had a dad before...I couldn't possibly say no, especially since I know how it feels to grow up without proper parents.

   After a little while, Aika and Mirio-san came back. Their expressions still looked grim, but they were dragging an unconscious Overhaul with them. 

   "Eh, how did you manage that?" I asked, walking over to them while carrying Eri.

   "...I don't know. I was just so angry that I beat him with my flute, but he didn't even react." Aika huffed. "He just stood there and took the beating...I would feel less angry if he fought back or something."

   "Hmm...Maybe it's got to do something with him saying that he wanted to apologize." I said, looking at the unconscious villain. "Before you guys came, he suddenly apologized to us, saying that he was really sorry for what he has done."

   "That won't be enough to compensate for what he did." I heard Tamaki-san say. His fingers were retracting to normal fingers from the tentacle-like form they were in. 

   "I see..." I smiled. "Thank you for coming to save us. I really thought we might not be able to make it."

   Tamaki-san blushed, quickly turning around. Mirio-san smiled back, also blushing. Aika glared at them, her eyebrows quirking up in suspicion. 

   "Dad, you're very popular." Eri said, smiling. 

   This time, I blushed at her small statement. The other laughed at my new title, patting me on the back. 

   "Of course! I'm very popular aren't I?" I joked back. Eri responded with a bright smile. "Are you excited now that you're out of the hideout?"

   Eri thought for a moment and smiled. She nodded vigorously, her eyes sparkling. I felt my heart melt at her pureness.

   "Okay, let's go get some rest then. I'll introduce you to everyone else when you feel better." I said, following Mr. Aizawa into a car. 

   But before I could enter the car, I heard Aika say something.

   "If you, any of you, dare to get all lovey-dovey with Izu, I'll make sure you feel the wrath of my flute. Understand?"

   I blushed at her threats, a small chuckle escaping my throat. Eri looked up at me, looked towards Aika and smiled.

   "Izuku-san, I'm so happy..." Eri smiled. "Thank you!"

   "Thank you too, Eri...You've helped me out so much."

   "I'll do anything for Dad!" Eri smiled. 

   "And I'll do anything for you, Eri."