EWEW 7: The Ugly Monster Inside Of Me

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2015 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Rewritten version of this chapter posted - July 24th 2015.

Please remember to COMMENT and leave me your thoughts! Love hearing those! Happy Reading. xo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

                                  { Chapter 7 } : The Ugly Monster Inside Of Me 

     Layla wanted to talk. 

Her text came precisely an hour after school was out, and while I was in the midst of driving to my little brother's elementary school.

Can we talk? Please, I hate this. Things ended on a bad not and I'm sorry. Let me explain. xx   -L

Currently I was waiting outside the school gates, leaning against my parked Toyota. The scorching end-of-august sun was beating down on me. A bead of sweat trickled between my breasts and, disgusted with myself, I pulled off my trendy utility jacket and shot it in the far side of my backseat. Leaving me in nothing but denim short shorts and a white tank top. I'd even traded my signature boots for a pair of Toms because of the boiling temperature.

I thumbed a quick reply.

Sure. Where do you want to meet? - A

My phone vibrated in my hands with her response.

Meet me at Marnie's Shack in half an hour? Milkshakes on me. xx - L

I had just finished tucking my phone in my pocket when the bell rang and a flow of little kids flooded out through the main entrance. It wasn't too hard to spot my little munchkin; he was the shortest of the bunch and had a golden mop of massively curly hair that was even more curly and golden than my father's had been. 

Michael's blue eyes gleamed in excitement as he ran towards me, hunkered down by the weight of his superhero backpack. When he launched himself at me with a boyish giggle, my hands wrapped around his body and I spun him in several circles. He laughed as I peppered kisses all over his face.

"Anna, stop it!" He still looped his arms around my neck to pull me closer, despite his protests. "You have cooties."

Throwing my head back, I laughed as Michael kissed my cheek. "And who told you that?"

"Kurt did," Michael said in all seriousness. "He told me all girls have cooties - and you're a girl. But that didn't stop Kurt from kissing Olly in the playground."

I ruffled his hair. "Kurt kissed Olly?"

My brother looked at me with wide, innocent eyes. "Yeah! Now they both have cooties! But since you're my sister, you don't have cooties - right?"

"No, Michael." I smiled and put him back down. "I don't have cooties."

Michael flashed me a toothy-grin. He was so tiny and small for his age that his teachers told me he occasionally got bullied from the bigger kids. I combed my fingers through his curls and ran my had along the curve of his cheek lovingly. 

"Then I don't have cooties either." His smile turned victorious as if he'd just uncovered a giant mystery.

I drove back to our house and Michael filled the silence with his never ending animated chatter. He talked about everything from Kurt and Olly's awkward showdown-plus-kiss in the playground, to his favorite teacher, Miss Nora, to this new girl that he was crushing on.