27. Sunshine And Rainbows

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I stand in the middle of all the destruction. The ground bellow me was charred and was hard against my feet. The clearing was black and the exodus ship had created a crater and all of us stayed silent as we took it in. Pieces of the ship were scattered all over the ground. A few skeletons lay scattered around, but most of the passengers had been turned to ash.

           There were no survivors. Abby was on board and no one had survived and no one could've. Tears streamed down my face as I stood quietly, staring at what used to be a person. Now the skeleton was so burnt that parts of it were missing and the bones were thinner than they should be. It looked like it should be blown away into the wind.

           All I could think about was Abby. My heart aches every time she popped into my mind, which was basically every second since I saw it crash last night. Abby had done nothing but help me and save me in so many ways. She's the one who got me to earth, and now she's dead. She was family to me. And like the rest of my family, their endings were tragic.

           "Stay sharp." Bellamy says to the other guys who were carrying guns, "Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when."

"Can you blame them?" Finn retorts.

I let out a small groan that no one could really hear, I was getting real sick of their fighting. I was way to unstable and I was about to blow.

"No. I blame you."

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns - "

"If we didn't bring guns, we all would've been killed." Raven snaps back.

"Shut the fuck up." I growl gaining all their attention. I noticed Thistle raise her brow intrigued, "Stop fighting all the fucking time." I groan with an exasperated tone, "It doesn't matter why they're coming anymore, but we have to be ready for it. You idiots fighting all the time isn't going to help us win a war against the grounders. So for the last time, shut the fuck up and stop acting like a bunch of two year olds."

           I speak loud enough so they can hear, but with a low angry voice that makes the other boys Bellamy brought wince. They were all quiet. I let out a big puff of air and turn on my heel, walking away from the scene. I needed to get away. I could hear someone trailing behind me after a while. I turned on my heel to see Bellamy running to catch up to me, his gun was resting against his back.

"You okay?" Bellamy asks quietly.

I scoff, unable to hide that rage was bubbling up inside of me. It wasn't Bellamy's fault, I was just overwhelmed. "I'm perfect. The person who's saved my life countless times is dead, and we don't even have a body to burry. But all I see is sunshine and rainbows. So I'm great thanks for asking."

"Ability to use sarcasm, still there, that's a good sign." Bellamy mutters shoving his hands into his pockets.

I shut my eyes letting out a sigh, when I opened my eyes he stared down at me sadly, "I'm sorry, Bell." I lean straight into his chest and his arms wrap tightly around me.

"You don't need to apologize." He whispers sweetly as he leaves kisses in my hair.

I smile into his chest and take his shirt into my fist. His scent of pine and leaves intoxicates me, and I soon find myself being completely consumed by his being, and it was a feeling I loved. I looked up to him taking the collar of his jacket in my hands, he was already looking down at me. I press my lips against his, it was a lingering kiss. One that starts of short, but you pull away so slowly you might as well still be kissing. His hands gripped the lower part of my waist, and he kept his hold as I pulled away.