Trivia: Love

After Yeona left the tent, they all sat in silence for a while, all not knowing what to say. It wasn't like Jae was having second thoughts, but she had ultimately made a life-changing decision and her head was swimming in the possibilities of what was going to happen next.

She had never even dreamed this would be happening to her, never in her wildest dreams would she come up with this. She looked at the seven hybrids she had come to know. Jimin caught her by surprise, as his intense glare was piercing into her.

"Are you sure about this? Do you even know what you just signed up for?" Jin looked at him with a pained expression. Jae didn't know where this was coming from, and she didn't know how to respond.

"Do you even feel anything real for us at all?" she had never heard this tone of voice from him before, she would be lying if she said it didn't intimidate her.
"I..." she tried to find the words to speak.

He stood up, a pained expression on his face. "Of course you don't. How could you? Sorry, I'd rather suffer than force someone to be with me, or any of us. Especially if it's out of pity." Without another word, he stood up and walked out of the tent. Jae felt like she had been drop kicked.

Taehyung stood up as well to follow him, but not before giving Jae a look that said everything. He looked conflicted, but most of all, he looked sad, like he agreed with Jimin's sentiment. Her chest felt heavy, as he exited the tent too. Does he regret saving me now?

Namjoon sighed and he rubbed his forehead. "I need to talk with Jae for a little. You all should go rest. I have a feeling tomorrow will be...different. In one way or another." the others made no effort to try to argue. They all mosied out, all with melancholic expressions. When Jungkook got up from the couch his hand lingered on hers until he absolutely had to let go. Jae could feel tears behind her eyes but they wouldn't fall. Do they all feel the same way Jimin does?

"Jae wait, I need to-" Namjoon started but before he could finish Jae interrupted him. "I'm doing this because I want to. I'm not doing this because I feel obligated and I'm certainly not doing it out of pity! I need you to know that. I know how much they mean to you and I would hate to do anything to hurt them or you-"

"Jae, I know-"

"No, you don't understand. I hate  misunderstandings and we're in the middle of one right now. I need to go talk to them. I need to-"

He grabbed her wrist to stop her from leaving. "Jae, stop. Please. I need to talk to you about this." He said urgently, "It's best if you leave them be for now. Look, I'm not going to try and change your mind. I want you to go through with it, for multiple reasons, all of them being selfish."

He sighed and released his grip. His ears were back and he looked like he was in pain. She could see the large bandage peeking out from underneath his shirt. "When did this turn into something so complicated?" she quietly asked.

Namjoon tilted his head, and Jae continued, "I feel free now. I don't want that to change. I like you all. I do, Joon." The nickname just slipped out, and she turned red. "I-I mean-" Namjoon smiled, dimples threatening to show. "It's okay, you can call me Joon. I like it." Was his smile always this dazzling?

She smiled sheepishly back at him, "Or should I call you Joonie Bug?" He still smiled but rolled his eyes, "No, definitely not." He looked at her and saw expecting eyes, "Trust me you don't want to know."

"I think I do."

"You're not gonna stop until I tell you, are you?" she simply nodded and Namjoon groaned. "Miss Yeona has taken care of me ever since I was seven, and at the time I liked to play outside a lot and explore, and I would find these bugs and sometimes I would eat them."