- dances and intrusions

Parties are just social obligations

••••

( This is a long chapter so bare with me )

It's been a bumpy few weeks. Ever since the incident in the bathroom, my mother hasn't tried prying inside my thoughts, in fact, it's been nothing but radio silence. I haven't spoken out about the occurrence, to anyone, not even Dr. Saltzman. I was convinced that he wouldn't believe a word I said, not that it's anything personal but the last mention of my mother was when I told him she was dead and not just temporary. I never got into how she died or who even killed her. Just that she was erased from the picture. He didn't pry for any further questions so I didn't feel obligated to write out the whole story, not even the revenge I plotted.

In a brutally honest confession, I was afraid of when my mother might wish to strike again. I knew she would return, I just had to be prepared for when she does.

It is now a Friday morning, ten official hours away from the twins birthday ball that I was forced to handle the decorating for. I was even dragged out of bed for this little occasion. It became my punishment I received for tearing apart the girls bathroom. Alaric let me off with a warning but told me if I didn't clean up my act, he would have no other choice but to suspend me for loosing control and destroying school property. I said that was fair and he let me walk.

"Hey dude-" Mg touches my shoulder and I jump a foot high, my initial reaction to blindly throw a punch, not intending to make contact but regardless, that is what happened.

Mg bends over, clutching his stomach and groans. "I didn't mean to startle you but I needed help pasting the streamers to the wall, it's more complex than you would think." He wheezes out breathily. "I'll take the hint."

"Jeez, Mg, I'm so sorry." Mg then laughs through a speedy recover and straightens out, the grimace gone. "I was distracted and you-"

"Don't sweat it, pain is temporary when you're already dead." Mg muses and tosses two rolled up balls of streamers into my lap, one pink and the other purple. "You can repay your debt by helping me make this party for the Saltzman twins come to life."

"Whatever you say, Mg." I stand up and tuck the streamers under my armpit.

"Real quick can you grab more balloons from the setup over there?" Mg rubs his neck sheepishly. "I would do it myself but Penelope looks hella intimidating right now and I don't want to tick her off." He grins mischievously, giving me a sympathy pat on the shoulder as his eyes widen when Penelope glances our way for a split second. "Thanks. Come find me when you're ready." He scurries off somewhere and I huff out.