13. The Hunt begins

Hello my amazing readers! Guys I love you all so much that I even spelled u in three letters! I mean seriously, you're so patient with me! It means a lot!(~ ̄³ ̄)~

13. The Hunt begins

"You were a what?" I sputter

"I was a rouge, Elise." Mom sighs, tracing the hem of her apron

I stare at her expectedly, waiting for her to continue this.

Mom never told me much of her life before my dad, and frankly, I never thought I should ask about it.

"We were... A pack of rouges," she glances at me "A very notorious one at that."

"But then, how did you find dad?"

"I met Elijah when we were attacking their pack." Mom's face flushes scarlet "And he plucked me straight from the battle grounds. I was stubborn and though I wouldn't admit, I was afraid. But your father was the beta, so the pack let us be."

I stare at my mother and try, try my very best but─

"Awww," I tackle mom in a hug "that is sooo cute! You and dad have an amazing love story! Why didn't you ever tell me before?"

"Elise, dear, calm down." Mom pats me on the head "There's more of it."

I pull away and nod at her to continue.

"My... Pack thought they were keeping me hostage," Mom said "They attacked again and even when they found out that I've met my mate, they wanted me to come along."

My eyebrows knot together "Why?"

Mom looks down, a shadow crosses her face.

"There leader and I... We were in love."

I gape at her, confusion races across my mind. I remember all the times she told me of how much she loved dad and─

"What?" I breathe out

"Elise sweetie, please understand," Mom takes my hands in hers, a note of desperation leaks in her voice "I was a rouge, there was so little chance of me finding my mate, Of course I would go to a man who claimed he loved me. But when I met you father... It was almost as if I'd never thought of anyone else. He knew everything, but he loved me anyways."

I breathe a sigh of relief. Thank universe.

"And when Warren found out that I've been 'brain washed' he tried to 'take me back' and... It was a lot of blood shed" Mom says "but then... we were about to have you and everything was perfect but..."

Mom purses her lips and even after all these years, tears still gather in her eyes.

"Hey, mom," I hug her around the shoulders and press my cheek to her hair "you're a badass, remember? You don't cry."

We stay that that for a few minutes.

"Mom," I ask quietly "do you think it was them who..."

Mom sucks in a sharp breath "I don't know."

She turns to me and puts her hands on my shoulders, a stern look on her face.

"Elise, now listen to me carefully," she says "don't make the same mistake I did, sweetie. Never lose hope that your mate will find you. Never turn to another man."