CHAPTER 31

As Lyra sat at the armchair the trio was looking at her worried, but it all washed away when Sirius' face appeared on the fireplace.

"Listen here Harry, It's good to see you" Sirius said he sounded Happy, Hermione gave Lyra a side glance and smiled sadly.

"Hey, Um Lyra can you help me" Ron said trying to get the girls attention, not only did he get Lyra's attention, but Sirius' as well.

"What is it Ron?" Lyra asked sitting beside Ron, in front of the fireplace.

"This is easy" Lyra said looking at Ron.

"I find it hard, Snape expects us to pass this bloody assignment on Monday" Ron said with a groan and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Honestly Ronald, you should've done that yesterday" Hermione said.

"Well sorry Little Ms. Perfect I'm not like you" Ron spat and the two started to bicker, Sirius was quiet, he was watching the two bicker, but as he saw Lyra sighed his eyes soften.

"SHUT IT!" Lyra shouted at the two, and they immediately stopped.

"Don't worry Ron I'll help you, but it's better if we'd do this tomorrow, and 'Mione, I do think he has a point" Lyra said and Hermione huffed.

"Anyways, Sirius I— Well more like Lyra told us about Dumbledore's Army, and maybe you can tell us where we can practice?" Harry said looking at Lyra who had a blank expression.

"How many are you?" Sirius asked.

"We haven't really decided, we haven't talked to anyone, I have a plan, but if you'd rather listen to Harry's I'll sit and Listen" Lyra said in a bored tone.

"Well what do you have in store Harry?" Sirius asked in a soothing voice.

"Um, I think Lyra should tell her plan, it may have escaped your notice, but she's the brightest witch" Harry said and Sirius nodded.

"I was thinking of a meeting at Hogsmeade" Lyra said, Sirius couldn't even recognise her tone, she was starting to change.

"That's a great Idea, but how would the know?" Sirius accidentally spat the question, he mentally scolded himself for his behaviour.

"Easy flyers, every common room, needs to have one on their common room" Lyra said, and looked at Sirius with emotionless expression.

"That's a great Idea, but who would make them?" Sirius asked trying to talk to her more.

"That's when my skills get handy" Lyra said, and Sirius nodded.

"See that's why she's the best" Ron said putting an arm around the girl she smiled, and ruffled the boy's hair.

"I appreciate your compliment Ron", She said with a small smile, and Ron smiled back.

Sirius was watching them and smiled at least she was happy, she was happy, but not with him, but with other people, all he wants is for his daughter to be happy with him in that way, but he knows that was impossible, they fought again, and he wouldn't see her for a long time.

"I'll talk with you when I have a chance Harry, update me on the things that are happening there" Sirius said, and Harry's face disappeared.

"So did you have the chance to talk to her?" Remus asked sitting beside him.

"Unfortunately no, Oh and Moony, she was cold, she was different" Sirius said and Remus was shocked the girl's changing.

"She's changing Pads, I know Lyra she's a strong girl, a badass to be honest" Remus said with a small chuckle.

"Do you think she'll forgive me?" Sirius asked and Remus shrugged.

"You never know, she's unpredictable" Remus said, but deep down inside he's worried about this change.

With a sigh he took a piece of parchment and his quill, and Ink.

Dear Lyra,

I heard about the news, what is this Ly? What's happening? Tell me what's going on with you I'm your Godfather, and I want to know, reply to me as soon as you get this.

-Remus

Remus sealed the letter on an owl and let it fly freely.

"Rem, do you think she'll come through?" Sirius asked and Remus nodded, he knows Lyra, and he knows she'll be back to normal.

"She's a great girl, you should know that, but at times, she's a badass, must be one of does days" Remus said and Sirius smiled, hopefully it was just one of does days.

Hopefully Lyra would write to him, hopefully when he sees the girl she'll be smiling at him, hopefully they can be in good terms.

All that Sirius wished was a happy life with Lyra, Remus, and Harry, even in the dark times, he would always think about Harry, for Harry's always in trouble, and Lyra well let's just say she doesn't need help.

That's what he always says to himself tho he knows it's not, he sees Harry as James, and not as Harry.

"Sirius, I know I always yell you this, but Harry's not James" Remus said with a small smile.

"I know Moony, I've been telling that to myself for the past years", Sirius said and Remus shooked his head, this was going to be one of their problems.

"You know when she was talking there was this bored expression on her face, then her tone changed" Sirius said and Remus sighed.

"She's changing Pads" Remus said and Sirius sighed.

"Is it because of me?" He asked looking at Remus.

"I don't know, all I know is, she's changing, her attitudes changing" Remus said.

"Get some sleep" Remus said and Sirius obeyed.

As Remus was left their he stared at the fire and wished that Lyra would give him answers, he just needs to know what's happening to her, for she is like a daughter to him, he will Always take care of the girl.

———

🙈