Charles X Reader - Instead Of Him

!!!TRIGGER WARNING!!! - SEXUAL ABUSE/ DOMESTIC ABUSE / VERBAL ABUSE {i am not in any way trying to romanticise this!! theses are very serious things and i have been through them myself x}
summary - when dutch no longer is in love with molly o'shea he meets you and treats you well. but when dutch turns into a stranger, charles is the only one who really seems to notice what's going on

{this story is written from the perspective of a cis female who uses she/her pronouns}
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME REQUESTS AHJDLANAKSSK

Dutch Van Der Linde was charming. Extremely, extremely charming. So charming that even though you were suspicious of his intentions and his general interest in you, that you loved him.

He treated you to fancy (stolen) jewels and fine clothes, he was protective of you and everyday he would tell you how much he loved you.

The other women weren't big fans of you as Dutch really didn't make you do much work around the camp. You just sat around all day and made Dutch feel good about himself.

"Morning, Mary Beth," you greeted as she walked by.

The young woman just nodded in your direction. Sweet, kindly Mary Beth, who wouldn't hurt a fly, wasn't even that nice to you.

Charles was most certainly the nicest after Dutch. He often offered to take you hunting and he showed you different medicinal plants when you were ill.  But Dutch hated the idea of you spending time with any man other than him so you never ended up going hunting with
Charles anyway.

You and Charles had always just been close, despite Dutch's efforts to keep you both apart. He thought if you so much as looked at another man, you would leave his side.

————————

Things first started going downhill one night beside the roaring campfire. Javier was playing a beautiful song on his guitar and you were talking to Sean about something or other.

"HAHAHA! Oh Y/N, you truly tell the best stories," Sean cackled, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes. He casually placed a band on your knee and started talking about some stagecoach he robbed as you chuckled.

There was, of course, nothing wrong with this. You were simply having a good time talking to one of your friends.

Dutch squinted his eyes, watching as your eyes sparkled in the moonlight. He slowly walked up behind you, placing a firm hand on each of your shoulders.

You jumped a little and looked back at Dutch, who plastered a fake smile onto his face. "Come with me for a minute, would you, Y/N?" He said cheerily enough. But you noticed the slight sinister glint in his eye.

"Bye, Sean," you say as Dutch steers you into the tent you both share together.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Y/N?" Dutch hissed into your ear, grabbing your shirt collar and pulling you towards him.

"I'm sorry, what," you stumble backwards. What is he talking about?

"You know what you're doing, flirting was Sean over there behind my back, you whore," He said grabbing the folds of you skirt, and pulling you back towards him. Your eyes widen with shock. You were just laughing with Sean, having a good time. That was harmless, right?

"Dutch, please. I wasn't-" You stutter, but your words come to a halt as Dutch shoves you to the floor and your skirt gets caught on a table and tears. You let out a yelp. Dutch puts one hand over your mouth, while slapping the air out of you with the other,his eyes dark as your cheek turns bright red, all while your lying in the dirt on the ground. He slowly starts to unbutton your shirt while you try to wriggle to the opening of the tent.