Reliving the Past

early update lets gooo. these little guys accompanied me as i wrote. also, sorry if it seems a bit rushed, i was bored but tired at the same time.

 also, sorry if it seems a bit rushed, i was bored but tired at the same time

•••

"Just a little farther?"

"No, that's all I'm going."

They jumped over waves when they were near, not wanting to go under them. It was absolutely terrifying for Dream. He was nervous that one wave would come out and grab him. But he had another job at hand.

To take care of George.

Drowning isn't something Dream would like to see happen to his friend. It was his first time there and he wanted it to be the best time.

George splashed him with the cold water, giggling when he saw his face. "Oh, you're gonna regret that, Georgie."

The blond didn't hesitate to splash him with even more water. The boy quickly frowned at him. "What? You started it," he beamed.

Dream noticed the waves getting higher. As he tried to get closer to shore, a small hand grabbed his wrist.

"No way. Let's go farther!" The blond looked back to George, "I already told you no." He gently smiled, hoping that the brunet would give up already.

Though he didn't.

He kept pulling him deeper into the ocean, waves hitting them as they moved. "Stop."

Giggles escaped the brit's mouth. Dream's smile quickly disappeared.

"George, I'm serious."

"Stop being such a baby," he joked. Trying to head towards the shore was harder than imagined. He expected George to be weak, but it wasn't like that at all.

A single tug almost knocked him down. Dream caught himself before he could fall.

"That's eno-"

The younger boy had no time to finish his sentence before a colossal wave took both of them under.

He was reliving the past.

Darkness has surrounded him once again. Dream didn't even attempt to open his eyes; he already knew what was going to happen if he did.

Floating around in the water was the only thing he could do.

That was, until he remembered something.

George.

Dream made a promise to himself to protect George. He wasn't going to break that promise any time soon.

Opening his eyes hurt him. But he didn't care. Blurry vision was not helping. But he didn't care. Oxygen was quickly taken away from him. But. He. Didn't. Care.

After what felt like hours searching, which actually was a couple of minutes, Dream finally found the small body of his dear friend.

The ground vanished again when Dream pushed himself off of it to give him strength. He lifted both of them to the surface, coughing when they finally had air back.

"You're so fucking stupid," chocked out the blond. He wrapped George's legs around his waist as he weakly swam back to land. He never learned how to swim so the process was slow.

Coughing out the water that had entered his system was the only thing George could do. Dream roughly hit the brit's back. He didn't know if that would help or not, but he still tried.

He crookedly walked on the burning sand, gently dropping the brunet on his towel when he made it to their spot.

George had quit coughing. He observed Dream with his coffee-like colored eyes as he silently sat up.

"I told you I didn't want to go deeper," he snarled, "and you didn't fucking listen."

The blond sat on his own towel, coughing as he still tried to get rid of the water in his mouth. He hugged his knees, trembling from what had just happened. Dream was petrified.

A small, shivering hand was placed on his shoulder. He nudged it off.

"Don't touch me."

"Dream, I-I'm sorry," he stuttered.

The sound of someone running towards them made Dream look up. A shirtless man with red shorts stood upon them. He looked at the boys with worried eyes.

"Are you guys alright?" The man crouched down to meet their level of height. He was a lifeguard.

"We're fine."

"Are you-"

"Yes," Dream bellowed, "I'm sure." The man got up and walked away. He was too scared to deal with the angry blond.

Minutes of silence were interrupted when quiet sobs were heard. Dream turned his head and saw George trying to hide his crying with his arms.

"Hey, George, it's okay," he soothed, "it's okay."

Dream hated himself for yelling at the brunet. He got up to sit behind him.

Hugging him was uncomfortable when they were both wet, but that didn't stop him. Dream wrapped his arms around George's small waist.

"I'm sorry," He placed his jaw on the boy's shoulder, "I didn't mean to yell at you." Sighing, he closed his eyes to keep his own tears from falling.

——————————

"I told you a million times already," he addressed, "it's okay."

The brunet shook his head, "It's my fault. I should have listened to you."

Dream threw his keys onto the counter, following George when he plopped onto the couch.

The ride home was silent. Well, actually it was quite the opposite. Both boys were apologizing to each other; though, it was mostly George.

The blond was too tired to even care about his couch getting wet. He sat down next to George, taking hold of his hand when he could reach.

"It's okay. End of conversation."

Their hands intertwined with one another. Dream watched as George looked away. He noticed the blush on his friend's face, but now was not the time to talk about that.

"Now, I want you to go take a shower. Unless you don't want to, which I don't recommend. You really should."

Nodding, George stood up. He was about to walk to his room to get clothes when he was tugged back.

"Oh."

He forgot that they were still holding hands. Dream giggled, "You might want to let go of me first."

George hesitantly let go, rolling his eyes at the blond.