Charles X Reader - Forever

thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to read this it honestly means so so much to me thank you x

summary - charles takes you to a secluded spot and finally asks you to marry him

"Charles, I've asked you a million times, where on earth are you taking me?" you laugh, as Charles tightens his grip on you as you sit on the front of his horse.

"And I answered a million times, that it's a surprise," he responds gently, giving you a light squeeze.

You and Charles have been together basically ever since he had first joined the camp. You had just been drawn to one another, and you felt completely at ease when you were by his side. You were both desperately and deeply in love.

"Easy, girl," Charles said to his horse, Taima, as you came to a slow near the falls. You had been hear before and had always loved it, it was you and Charles' special place. This was the place you had shared your first kiss and told him that you loved him for the first time. This place would always, always hold a really special place in your heart.

You noticed something was almost off about Charles as you both walked over to the little tent that he had set up for the two of you. You could already imagine what you would be doing in that tent a little later on. Oh, how you loved this man.

"Something the matter, Charles? You seem kind of nervous or something?" You say, wrapping your arms around his neck and looking into his eyes.

"I'm completely fine, Y/N, I don't know what you're talking about," he said, but there was a flicker of a smirk on his lips, something uncommon for him.

"Alright then.... but you know you can tell me anything. I love you so much," You beam up at him, and give him a quick kiss.

"I love you too, Y/N. And I promise you, you do not have to worry about me," he winked at you, another extremely strange thing for this man. Something was definitely up but you guessed you would just have to wait to find out.

You are and drank and danced to the whistling of the wind. Charles was the type of person who you could sit in complete silence with and still feel so close to. You didn't usually feel this way with anyone. He made your days brighter.

You were both comfortably sitting with your arms around each other, when Charles suddenly pulled you to your feet.

You laughed. "What are you doing, you crazy?"

Your eyes widened when he went down on one knee.

Was he...proposing?

Your heart thudded and you felt like you were going to explode.

"Y/N L/N? Would you marry me?" Charles grinned but you could see the anxiety in his eyes. So this was why he was acting so strange this evening.

"Of course I will fucking marry you , Charles Smith," you laugh, pulling him from the ground and kissing him passionately.

"Thank God, that was terrifying," he says into your hair, resting his chin on your head.

You couldn't believe it. You were actually going to get married to the man you loved so dearly. You wondered how the other members of the gang were going to react. You had never been very open about your relationship status with the other members. Half of them probably just thought you were good friends. But here you were, being proposed to. You were the happiest you had ever been in your life.

this is just a short little chapter because i'm working on quite a long story for my rdr2 oneshots xx have a good day and please send me any requests you would like to see!!