𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲

The seven of them slowly made their way across the lava lands towards Nevarro

The seven of them slowly made their way across the lava lands towards Nevarro. There was no doubt that they were making good time but there was still a thick tension within the group as they made their way to their destination.

Asora spoke briefly with Kuiil as they walked together, him atop his Blurrg and her walking below, "thank you for what you did last night." He said, looking down at her from above as she nodded, "Of course."

They exchanged few words after, but there was a mutual liking towards each other from what she could read from him.

As the group came to a halt Greef Karga stopped in front of them, sighing as he looked ahead, "I guess this is it." The tone of the group changing quickly from somewhat casual to stiff and cautious.

Greef turned swiftly, pulling his two blasters out, shooting his two other affiliates, shocking Mando, Cara and Asora. He raised his blasters in defense as he looked over towards the group and realized that Cara and the Mandalorian had their blasters aimed at him.

Asora lingered in the background her hand on her saber, her dark cloak moved back so it was visible but made no move towards them. She was more than sure they could handle the standoff if one was to occur.

"There's something you should know." Greef explained as he moved forward, his blasters still raised up to show he meant no harm and was surrendering.

He walked over to his deceased friend, kicking his body over and moving his gun out of his hand. Even though he had no chance of suddenly awaking and blasting them to bits, it was always smart to be cautious.

"The plan was to kill you and take the kid." He stated, looking over at the two solemnly.

"But after what happened last night, I couldn't go through with it."

It was almost as if when he spoke the truth the two wanted to gun him down more, as if that would fix the past. What has already been done is done.

"Go on. You can gun me down here and now and it wouldn't violate the Code... But if you do, this child will never be safe."

The Mandalorian glanced over at Grogu as Greef spoke. He knew it was true, but in this moment all he wanted to do was strike him down for even thinking he could kill him, and even worse take the kid from him.

"We'll take our chances." Cara chimed, a smirk rising onto her lips as she continued aiming her blaster at him.

Asora did not like that, if they understood it was in the best interest of the child not too why would they still fight? Would they not pick peace over chaos?

"The Imperial client is obsessed with obtaining this asset. You tried to run but where did it get you?" Greef argued, Asora nodded looking over to the Mandalorian, she knew he could feel her agreeing with Greef. While she wasn't particularly fond of him in this moment. She understood his change of heart, where he was coming from as someone forced to work for the Imperials.