Every Kind of Way

Baby, the sound of you
Better than a harmony
I want you off my mind
And on me
Holding me closer than we've ever been before
This ain't a dream
You're here with me
Boy, it don't get no better than you
For you, I wanna take my time
All night

Since that night, Kara hadn't been able to stop thinking about Lena. She saw her almost every day, but they had agreed to take things slow. They both understood why they had to take things slow - because now they had Luna.

Their daughter was everything to them. Neither wanted their relationship to affect their relationship with their daughter. They wanted Luna to grow up with both their parents because they never had that themselves. They wanted Luna to have a stable and safe home. So yes, taking things slow was the absolute right thing to do.

But you know what they say, doing the right thing isn't always easy - in fact, sometimes it's really hard. Kara wanted to go back to how they were before everything happened and Lena also wanted the relationship they had. But then again they both understood that since then, they had individually grown, they were not the same people anymore. And that meant that their relationship was also different. Their perception was different, their lives were different. Their careers were not the same, their lives were not the same as they were before and above all else, they had a daughter now.

So they both convinced themselves that the right thing to do was to take things slow. But since when was there a right thing to do when it comes to love?

I wanna love you in every kind of way
I wanna please you, no matter how long it takes
If the world should end tomorrow and we only have today
I'm gonna love you in every kind of way

So when they couldn't avoid moving forward as it was inevitable, they decided to talk after dinner which they were having at Lena's place because Eliza had come to the city for a lecture at a National City University.

So it didn't come as a surprise that Kara was absolutely nervous yet both happy and excited to spend time with her family. They hadn't done this in a while. They've all been busy with work, Supergirl duties, personal relationships and basically living.

Dinner included Alex and Kelly, Nia and Brainy, J'onn and M'gann, Kara and Lena, and Luna and Eliza.

Kara and Eliza had arrived early to help Lena prepare everything. Eliza had insisted on cooking because her daughter couldn't cook. While Lena could cook, she couldn't cook for everyone alone. So Eliza had offered to help but had also admitted she wanted to spend as much time with Luna as she could.

And who was Lena to deny Eliza and Luna that?

When everyone arrived before 7, dinner was ready and Kara and Luna were setting the table as Lena and Eliza were talking about her lecture at NCU while getting all the food out.

They made small talk across the table making sure that all conversations were PG (especially Supergirl related topics or any attempted attacks on Lena or anyone). Luna was too young, and they all understood that her innocence needed to be protected as long as they could.

Dinner was 'splendid' as per Luna's description. No one dared disagree with her judgement.

After some time spent talking and catching up, J'onn and M'gann left first, followed by Brainy and Nia.

Alex and Kelly stayed a few minutes before they decided it was late and headed home together. They had moved in together a week ago and they were clearly settling in well.