Powerschool is also racist

Y/n's pov

"You're starting to piss me off," he says stopping the car. "It's been five fucking hours."

"I want to go home," I say. "Just take me home."

"Are you stupid?" he asks. "What's wrong with you?"

"What day is it?" I ask.

"It's two o'clock in the morning," he says. "Saturday."

"Good, I won't be missing school," I say. "That's good."

"Are you brain dead?" he asks. "Do something, cry, try to run."

"No point," I say.

"I'll give you a five-minute headstart," he says. "Go now, I'll even close my eyes."

"Oh it's valentine's day," I say. "Do you have any plans?"

"Do you want to die?" he asks.

"No," I say. "I don't want to die."

"You want me to let you go there," he says unlocking the doors. "Go, run away. Go find your brother, let him save you."

"I'm not going to," I say. "I don't know where I am."

"If you walk across this field you'll get to Sendai park," he points. "You know what that is right? You've been there right?"

"Yeah, I've been," I say. "It's not all that special."

"Go here," he says reaching over to open the door. "Run."

"I don't want to go," I say. "I'm tired, it's late."

"Tell me what your thinking right now," he says. "Tell me."

"It's cold out there," I say. "And I said that I'm tired."

"I'm letting you go," he says. "Just run."

No, you're not.

"I know you're going to chase after me," I say. "And I don't like cardio."

"Trust me," he says. "Just run, I'll give you a headstart."

He's taller than Wakatoshi, a headstart would just taunt me.

"I said no," I say closing the car door. "Turn on the heat."

"You fucking bitch," he says truing it all the way down. "What wrong with you?"

"I'm behaving," I say. "Isn't that what you wanted?"

"That's what I told you," he mutters. "Why are you listening?"

"Because, I don't want to cause any more trouble," I say. "And technically owe you money, I fell bad. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" he asks. "What are you playing?"

"I'm not playing anything," I say. "I really am sorry, most of the time I've know you you've been pretty nice. Well, you're good at pretending."

"Shut up," he says. "Stop lying to me."

"I'm not lying," I say. "I promise I'm not."

"You're doing this on purpose," he says resting his head on the steering wheel. "Stop it."

"If you say so," I nod my head.

"And hour-long walk that way," he says. "And you're at Sendai park, if you run you'll get there even sooner."

"I'm too tired," I say reaching for his pack of cigarettes.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asks grabbing my first.

"I want a smoke," I say. "Can I have one?'

"Fuck, fine," he lets go. "Take all of them, I don't even smoke."

"Could've fooled me," I say lighting one up. "So I can take all the packs here."

"Yeah whatever," he says. "Take them."

"Thanks, Haru," I say.

"Don't thank you," he makes almost a disgusted face. "Are you stupid?"

"Maybe," I say taking a long drag.

"Hook up with me," he says. "Right here, and now."

"Let me finish my smoke," I say looking straight ahead. "I don't want to waste it."

"Look at me," he says grabbing me by my chin. "Are you scared?"

"Not anymore," I say. "I don't care."

"Are you lying?" he asks.

"No," I say. "I'm not lying."

"I think I understand you know," he smiles. "You're already destroyed."

"What's that mean?" I ask. "I'm not destroyed."

"You don't trust anyone don't you?" he asks. "And I've broken you, haven't I?"

"No, I'm fine," I say.

"You can break things that are already broken," he says.

"I'm not broken," I say.

"Stop lying to yourself," he says shoving my face away. "I don't like broken toys."

"What now?" I ask.

"You'll fuck up your life all on your own," he laughs reaching to the back to grab my bag. "No leave."

"I don't want to," I say.

"Go," he says opening the door. "I wish I could stick around to watch you fail all on your own, and it's a shame I'm not going to be able to see your breakdown."

"I'm not going to break down," I say getting out of the car. "I'm not a little bitch."

"Just wait till reality hits you," he laughs. "I've wrecked you without even having to touch you."

"You didn't do anything," I say.

"This was fun," he smiles. "Thanks, Y/n."

"So you're leaving me here?" I ask.

"Uh-huh," he says tossing my bag out of the car. "Just wait till the trauma hits you."

"I'm not traumatized," I say. "You didn't even do anything."

"Yes I did," he says. "I've broken any trust you've ever had for anyone, bye now."

Really, my plan was to just make him get bored with his psychotic little game. But in the end, I lost, he got just want he wanted, and he won too. But now was not the time to think about that, I have the rest of my life for that. Now I just need to leave before somebody else decided to pick me up off the side of the road.

And so I ran when the light of his car was just out of sight. I ran through the cold darkfield, bag in one hand and the cigarette in the other, my only source of light being the dully little ember.

I couldn't do anything else really, and I wasn't planning on telling anybody what happened or what could've happened. And despite what I was feeling, I didn't even shed a tear.

I wonder if everything will be all sunny now.

-Crouton