Chapter 47: I'm Sorry...I Think

Epona's POV:

Merlin was it a hectic morning to the train. Harry and I had to be guarded according to Moody. Though Sirius was in his dog form, which was kinda cool. But being watched isn't exactly the most comfortable thing.

We made it to the train, and Harry seemed upset when Ron and Hermione needed to head to the Prefect compartment. Though Ginny led him to another one, and I decided why not let her have this.

I told them I'd meet them later, but I made my way to a mirror, and looked at my outfit. It wasn't anything too special, just a cropped top red t-shirt with black jeans, my neon green converse, and a super baggy dark grey zipper sweatshirt, unzipped, and falling off my shoulders. 

I took a deep breath, and I felt someones presence behind me. Before turning, I could feel who it was. They were dripping with arrogance and cruelty, thinking they're better than everyone else. I smiled and turned.

"Draco Malfoy."

"Epona Potter." He smirked at me, and I felt my heart melt. I shook the thought away.

"I missed you." I smiled and hugged him.

"I know you did." He hugged me back, and I made a  face at him.

He laughed, then looked me in the eyes, "I missed you too." Draco's hair was still slightly messy, but still somehow nicely neat at the same time. He lifted up my hand, and without breaking eye contact, he kissed it.

I might've died at that moment. Or at least from the look on his face my face was red. Very red. I smiled and nudged him away.

"Feeling clingy today, are we?" I joked, and he shrugged. We walked to our own compartment, and I felt a ball of dread in my throat.

"Hey, um...I need to tell you something." I mumbled, not looking him in the eye.

His expression turned anxious, "What is it?"

And I told him. I told him everything that...he...had did to me. When I finished, Draco's face was twisted with disturbed and rage. If I hadn't collapsed onto him and started to cry a bit into his shoulder, I think he would've gotten up and cursed Phineas himself. 

I parted ways with Draco when I found my composure to go meet with Harry. He understood, and let me go, but he stayed sitting alone in that compartment.

Though it was in the back of my mind, it left the front of my mind when I met the kindest and purest person ever. Her name is Luna Lovegood. I don't think this girl has one bad bone in her body. I even elbowed Hermione when she said the mean nickname for the girl. 

I talked to her for most of the ride, and it was rather enjoyable. She literally seems like she just floated out of a fairy tale. Luna was that one person that everything she did made you want to smile because it was just so innocent and nice. I love it.

After an odd interaction at the carriages, we were in the Hogwarts school, taking out seats in the Great Hall, but someone stopped me. This presence was unlike Draco's; they were both cold, but in different ways. This one is threatening.

"Hello, Babe." Phineas called, "I missed you so much over the summer. You didn't seem to get my calls or texts."

I forced a smile, "Y-Yeah. I was um...busy."

"Too busy for me? I'm hurt. I guess you owe me some time together alone now." He smirked, but it wasn't like Draco's.

Wait, why am I comparing everything to him right now? I took a deep breath. Having him in my mind calmed me.

"Actually, Phineas, I think..." I took a shallow breath, "I think we should break up."

His eyes widened, getting angry, "What?" He growled, "Did that stupid Malfoy pressure you to do this? I knew I should've made you stop talking to him-"

"No." I gulped, trying to stand my ground, despite the shaking of my knees and  hands, feeling my weight start to crush me, "I... I don't think we're meant to be together. I think it'd be best if we broke up. I...I want to break up... We-We are broken up."

"Goodbye..." I said, before swiftly walking away to the Slytherin table to sit next to Draco and Pansy.

"I did it..." I mumbled, and Pansy looked at me curiously.

"Did what? Got your shit together for once?"

"I broke up with him." I breathed, and Draco wrapped his arm around me, lifting his glass in the air.

"Cheers folks! We cut the bird bastard off!" There were cheers from the whole table and I smiled, laughing.

The ceremony continued like every year, and then it was time to eat. We started eating and I felt Phineas behind me.

I turned, raising my eyebrow.

"Hey, Effie, I'm so sorry for the way I acted earlier. I didn't mean to get upset like that at you. I hope we can be friends still." He put his hand on my shoulder, and I smiled.

"Yeah. I hope so too."

Draco pretended to cough, "you won't."

Phineas walked away, and I shook my head smiling at Draco.

"Everyone deserves a second chance, Draco." I smiled, nudging him.

"Not everyone." He said, and I rolled my eyes, smiling.

I took a bite of my food, and instantly felt dizzy. The feeling overwhelmed me, and after a moment, I felt myself losing the ability to breath. My vision blurred, and it soon turned all black.

Draco's POV:

As soon as Epona took a bite of her food, I noticed something was wrong. Then, after a minute, her skin turned blue, and she was barely breathing. Her skin swelled up and became covered in hives. Then, she fell over, spastically shaking. Pansy yelled, and I picked her up in my arms.

"GET MADAM POMFREY!" I screamed, and started running to the nurses, blood rushing to my ears. 

Vomit started falling from her shaking body, and I ran as fast as I could to the medical wing. Madam Pomfrey looked horrified as she made me set Epona's body on the bed. I was panicking, and I heard the running footsteps from behind me start to get closer.

Madam Pomfrey grabbed some sort of tube with all sorts of labels on it, and stabbed it into her leg. Slowly, her shaking stopped, and her skin turned to normal. Epona's breathing returned to normal after a few minutes, and I rubbed my hand down my face.

I was crying. Epona didn't wake up.

"What's wrong with her?" Harry's worried voice rang though the medical wing, and I just stayed by Epona's side, holding her hand tightly.

"She went into anaphylactic shock. We're lucky she told me on the first day about her almond allergy and brought EpiPens from the hospital she was at in her coma. I thought she would've been careful enough to not grab things with almonds..."

"She was." I said menacingly, and everyone turned to me, "As soon as we found that it could kill her, we banned any food with almonds from being put on the table." I looked up at the Golden Trio and some Slytherins, with August and Cassia.

"How did they get in her food?" Hermione asked, and I glared at all of them, making eye contact with Harry.

"I know exactly who did."

And he's not going to be here much longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi people! I've been wanting to write this part in for a while, since the beginning. If you remember, one of the first chapters I mention her allergy. Yes, I did have a reason. Though it's not a good one. I made sure to keep it a subtle mention, and not bring it up too much later to see if people remembered.

Anyways, I hope your having a lovely day/night.

Until Next Time, Byeee!