Chapter 28

"Why are you mad at me?"Jin asked, staring at you while you are fixing your hair in front of the mirror.

"I'm not"you sternly replied.

"You clearly are. You've been ignoring me for days"he stated.

"Is it because I didn't tell you about that guy who saved you?"he asked. You rolled your eyes as you thought about it.

You thought that it was unfair. He was the one who saved you that night but Jin wouldn't let you know who that was and why didn't he tell you beforehand. You were also annoyed at that man since he didn't say his name. You just wanted to know but they are complicating it.

You even planned on getting that small seashell horn necklace on Jin's neck so that you can blow it to make that guy come but you failed. Jin always caught you. These mermans' reflexes annoyed you sometimes but if they are all that handsome why not just transfer in the ocean?

"Listen, I'm grateful that he was there but you should also thank me for lending you that necklace because without that he wouldn't be there. Also, I already told you I can't tell you what he is and everything"he explained.

"Thank you. Are you happy now?"

"You're mad"he pouted.

"I get that you have a rule not to tell anyone but I already know what you are which means I'm trustworthy enough that I won't tell anybody. I even helped you!"you argued.

"You even lied to me"you added causing his eyes to widened.

"What do you mean?"

"That guy told me not all mermans can talk to sea creatures. So what are you? Why can you?"you angered, furrowing your eyebrows.

"I-"

"I'll be late to work. See you later"you cut him off as you immediately went downstairs, stomping your feet.

---

You flinched when Hoseok snapped his fingers in front of you diverting you back to reality.

"Focus Y/n"he instructed.

"Yes. I'm sorry"you apologized.

You just made a mistake earlier, giving a customer the wrong order. It's just you had too much things running on your mind that your brain isn't working properly anymore.

"Hoseok, can you take in charge here for a minute? I'm going to the restroom"you spoke.

"Sure"

"Thanks"

You headed towards the staff's restroom and locked the door. You looked at yourself in the mirror and took a deep breath. You opened the faucet in the and washed your face with water. You sighed, staring again at the mirror.

Why are you like this Y/n?

It just sinked into you that you were being mean to Jin. You were just being curious and it made you mad that he wasn't speaking up about it. You felt selfish, not considering his feelings and their rules.

You wiped your face with a handkerchief from your pocket before you went out of the restroom.

"Thanks Hobi"you thanked as you went back to your position.

"No problem"

~timeskip~

You walked towards the beach after your work. You missed sitting on the sand and just staring at the sea. You sat and hugged your knees, enjoying the cold breeze.

You realized that it's been a while since you actually hang out on the beach to comfort yourself because Jin became your comfort. You didn't need to go outside, you just needed him by your side.

You caressed your necklace as you thought about him. The look on his face when you told him that he lied to you flashed into your mind. You shouldn't have said that, you were sure you he had his reasons but your curiosity ate you.

I should have respected him.

"Hey there"you heard someone behind you causing you to look back.

"Oh!"you gasped, placing your hand on your mouth.

"You're the banana milk guy I bumped into before!"you exclaimed.

"Yeah that's me"he smiled, showing his big front teeth.

"Is something bothering you?"he asked which made you raise an eyebrow.

"It's just you looked like you were in a deep thought"he added, chuckling.

"No. I'm fine"you assured with a fake smile.

"How's life?"you asked.

"I met my friends again today after a long time which made me happy"he replied, smiling. His friends must be really special to him.

"That's nice"

"If you feel like you offended someone, I think you have to give that person an apology gift and say sorry. If that person loves eating, then give him a food"he stated.

"That's a good idea"you agreed at his statement.

"I should go home now. There's a gathering I have to attend  tomorrow"he said as he waved at you before walking away. You waved at him as well.

I didn't ask his name. Why can't I ask for names?

You stood up as you thought of buying Jin some food. You froze when you realized that you didn't tell anything to that banana milk guy but he gave you some advice related to your problem as if he knows it.

Was my face that obvious?

~next day~

You apologized to Jin last night and he apologized as well so you two eventually made up. You bought him cream pasta which you two enjoyed together. You were glad it's Sunday which means no work for today.

"Do you want to know him?"Jin asked, sitting beside your bed referring to the guy who saved you.

"No. It's alright. I respect your rules"you assured.

"But I already-"

"I'm gonna wash my face"you stated, not realizing that you cut him off.

"What was that?"you asked but he shook his head. You nodded and went inside your bathroom.

You stretched your arms before getting the facial foam. You rinsed your face before applying it. You let it stay for a minute before washing it.
You suddenly heard a loud thud outside which caused you to finish what you were doing quickly.

You opened the bathroom door and rushed outside, wiping your face with a face towel.

"What was that?"you asked then your jaw dropped when you saw the man who saved you on your balcony.

How did he got there?

"Y/n, how do you open this again?"Jin asked, trying to open the balcony door.

"W-what?"you stuttered. That guy's face is intimidating as hell. If Jin's looks could heal, this guy's looks could kill.

"Can you open the door please?"Jin pleaded. You walked towards the balcony door and opened it. Jin doesn't know it was a sliding door so he got confused on how to open it.

The man who saved you walked inside your room and you moved back, giving him some space to walk in.

Your hand traveled to your mouth as your eyes widened when that guy suddenly kneeled on one knee in front of Jin, lowering his head.

"Your highness"

Your highness...?

A/N:
Hi everyone ~ BTS is performing in Grammys! I feel so proud, they deserve it 😭 I hope they'll win the award or else I'LL RAGE. I'm so excited for it. Also, it's almost Yoongi Day! Happy birthday lil meow💜By the way, I didn't realize this book reached 2k reads already, thank you so much❤️ I hope you continue reading :)
Don't forget to vote!
Love you all and stay safee❤️❤️❤️