"Why is he so hot?"

EVA'S P.O.V

The sea water was clashing on the rocks, waves were gently drenching the sand and making a soothing sound. I was standing on the beach, gazing at the dominant waves pushing the hard rocks behind. But then suddenly I felt something coming towards my head, so I looked up and at that very second saw a large, 10 feet watermelon falling on my head. I screamed with all my might and closed my eyes fearing the impact. The moment I opened my eyes again, I saw Jess hovering over me. What?

"Are you okay ?" Jess asked me with worry etched over her face.

"I guess I am, except for that it feels like a 5 ton watermelon has hit my head." I said groaning and clutching my head in my hands.

"That is the hangover chica." Jess said chucking.

"What?!, a hangover? Did I drink last night? And wait where Am I...Ohhhh.....Then what are you doing here? " I asked Jess confused. I was not able to remember anything from last night and in addition to that this headache was like a needle on the cactus.

"Ace called me to ask where were you, yesterday. He thought that you were with me and I still don't get that why you 'ran away from home' as Ace states it. Anyways, after he called, I got worried for you and then I wanted to come to the club that you were in. I guess Ace tracked your phone or something. But then Ace said that it is of no use coming to the club so he asked me to come to the mansion only so I came. Jake was also here but he went back after seeing that you were okay because he had something very important. He would be coming any moment now though, he said he would come to check on you. So yeah, because it was late Ace said that I could stay here for the night if I want to and I obviously agreed. And now you tell me why the hell were you in the club and that too alone?! Ryder told me about that creep guy who misbehaved with you, are you okay? Did he hurt you? Just tell me if he has? I will- "I cut Jess off as she was worrying too much.

"Oh no! He didn't hurt me; Ryder came in at the right time." I told her and she finally relaxed.

"Oh, he is nice, that Ryder. And by the way Ace found everything about that creep and found that he worked in that club only and he is fired. Ace talked to the owner of the club and now that creep won't be getting any job anywhere." Jess finishes handing me a glass of lemonade and aspirin.

"What? He fired him? That is too much!" I said surprised.

"Oh, come one, he should have done what he did. It was his duty." Jess said in a matter of factly tone, and not wanting to make Jess feel suspicious about our marriage, I nodded.

"Wait, were you saying Ace all this time? How can Ace be here? He was in France for his meeting...so how come he is here? Where is Ace?" I asked Jess. I perfectly remember that he was not here. Did he come back for me? No, that is not possible, he clearly stated that day that this marriage was just a contract.

"No, I guess he came back yesterday only. Whatever, he is not here, he went for work I think." Jess said and my mouth formed an 'o' in understanding.

"And you didn't answer my question, what were you doing in that club? Is everything okay?" Jess asked me again.

And with that question all that happened before I went to the club came flooding back to me – me going to the market, escaping the security, seeing that man, and then going to that club.

Was he really there? No, he can't be. I think I was hallucinating. He can't come here. I am just overthinking. I really have to forget all this and come back to present. It is my past and I can't let my past hinder my present.

"Hey? Are you here Eva?" Jess asked me worriedly, waving her hand in front of my face to bring me back to earth.

"Yeah, sorry, I zoned out. I was just saying that it is nothing. I just sort of remembered something and I got stressed. I think that is why I ended up in the club." I told Jess not wanting to share everything now. I was not yet ready.