Chapter 12

Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid

Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go playHey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid

I don't think jet skiing is a hobby that I will ever take up in the future.

I kept falling off of the damn thing.

I probably looked like an idiot. But I'm just thankful that I'm back on solid ground now.

Everyone got back to the house a while ago. One thing I've noticed is that there are no fellow introverts in sight. And because nobody knows me, I feel like the last fish in a tank full of sharks. It's quite overwhelming.

In the hustle and bustle of Grayson and I running late, and the extremely nerve wracking moment of me showing her my tattoos, we didn't really get to explore the house much. But I did discover that we actually have an en-suite bathroom in our room when I went back in there to change when we returned.

After I changed and showered, I fed myself to the sharks while Grayson took a shower.

A lot of them asked just the basic questions. Like, how I met Grayson or why I moved to the states. The English accent is hard for a room full of American accents to ignore, I guess. But I'm used to that question by now, given how long that I've been living in the states.

But Grayson's aunts seemed to have way more questions.

I expect the aforementioned interrogation from Grayson's sister and father to come eventually. But I didn't expect one big group interrogation from five middle aged women. They asked a lot of questions, very detailed.

Grayson eventually got out of her shower and saved me when she found me in the kitchen surrounded by all her aunts, thankfully.

By the time everyone had cleaned up from after jet skiing, we all sat down for an early supper.

Grayson and I sat at the far end of the table next to Audrey and Davis.

I really like Davis. He's super nice and has already made me feel like I have a friend here, other than Grayson, for the duration of this vacation.

He's nice and good looking. Audrey got a good one.

Once dinner is over, all of the couples decide that they want to play a game of charades. And that includes Grayson and I. It's still weird to me that we are going to be considered a couple for this trip. But I can't lie and say that it doesn't feel good to act like one.

The rules are set up to be couple against couple. So, Grayson and I will take turns acting out something for eachother while the other guesses. Everything Grayson or I guess right that the other acts, we get a point. And the first couple to reach five points, wins.