44

Liam's POV

Let's get one thing clear; I'm not obsessed with Jax.

I'm just good at reading body language, especially Jax's body language, but it didn't take a professional to see that something was off with Jax today. Well, more off than usual.

He just wasn't acting very Jax like.

He jumped at loud noises; he made it more obvious that he didn't feel like eating to the point where I could tell Callum was getting suspicious, his shoulders were hunched over as if he was hiding himself from everyone else; it was like someone stole his badass mask and he doesn't know what to do without it.

"You seem to be pretty deep in thought," Andrew noticed as he closed the folder with my name on it, clearly seeing it wasn't going to be a very deep session for us.

"As apposed to normal?"

"More than normal at least," he said with a smile as he leaned forward and put his arms on the desk. "Is it safe to assume this is about Jax?"

"He's been acting off today," I say, lacking all emotion. I was too far in my own head to fake emotion at this point.

"As apposed to normal?" He shot back at me with a smirk.

"More than usual. It's just been different."

"How so?"

I stay quiet for a second, trying to figure out what I could and couldn't say. Jax's eating problem was out all together but that was the majority of the problem.

"It's hard to explain," I end up saying in the end. I try to keep my tone as neutral as possible but I've been with Andrew for a good while and he's starting to figure out my tells.

"We don't need to go over how everything you tell me is confidential right?" He had a smile on his face but his eyes were nearly glaring at me, as if they were trying to magically come up with what I wasn't telling him.

"No I think we've had that talk enough times already," I say with a glare of my own.

"Is this about you or Jax? Did he do something to you?"

"What the hell? No! Why would you even ask that?" I try to cover the rage in my voice but when I see him flinch back I see that I wasn't successful.

"It was just a question," he said with a clam voice, obviously hoping it would rub off on me but I can't help but shake my head.

"You're scared of him too aren't you?" He goes to say something but something flashes in his eyes and I know I'm right. "You sit here acting like you have everything in control but you don't even want to help him do you?"

"Liam you know that's not true."

"Do I? Have you made any progress with him?"

"It's only been a few weeks," he reminds me with a calm voice but the creases in his forehead tell me his getting fed up with this conversation.

"That's bullshit and you know it. By this time when I when I first got here we were already facing problems head on. Have you been able to get anything out of him?"

"Everyone is different and you know that. What has gotten into you today?"

"Jax has an eating disorder and in the two weeks he's been here you haven't so much as suspected it." I spit out with a glare before I even know what I'm saying.

Andrew's eyes widen when he has time to process what I said while I feel all the color leave my face.

"What do you mean Jax has an eating disorder?" He asks but I'm too far in my own head at this point.

My nails immediately big into my wrist as my breathing picks up, tears well up in my throat while my heart is beating out of my chest.

I hear Andrew's voice but I can't hear what his saying.

My eyes instinctively shut as I slip into an all out panic attack.

I can't believe I said that. If Jax every found out he would never trust me again. He wouldn't even look at me let alone speak to me.

"Liam," a stern voice breaks though as something pulls my nails away from my wrist. I open my eyes and tear fall freely as I look down out my wrists, they red like I had been scratching them but it didn't seem to be bleeding.

Andrew sat on the floor in front of me with my hands in his; his eyes that were just full of angry and frustration were now filled with concern.

"You need to calm down now before it gets worse and we have to go to a hospital."

For most people that probably wouldn't help but considering my fear of hospitals beats everything else I force myself to take a few deep breaths.

"Jax is going to kill me." I state as I put my head in my hands and will the tears back.

"Firstly, you know that's not true. Secondly, Jax doesn't have to know this happened."

"He's not stupid! He's going to know something's up when you start looking at him like a kicked puppy."

"I'm sure I can find it in myself to hide this Liam. I am a professional after all."

"Andrew you are an open a book. A preschooler could read you."

Andrew frowns at the subtle insult but doesn't comment on it.

"I'll figure something out but for now you are still panicking. You need to calm down so we can find a way to help him."

Jax's POV

"I swear to actual god Callum, if you don't shut up I'm going to shove this shoe up your ass."

Since Liam left for his session Ryder and Callum decided to watch some random movie with a lot of singing to pass the time until he got back. The songs from the movie weren't terrible and the plot of the movie was tolerable, but Callum's singing made the movie nearly unwatchable.

Now I've heard Callum's actual singing voice from when he's in the shower and this wasn't it. This was the kind of singing you did when you were trying to annoy the ever loving shit out of someone.

"You promise?" He asked with a smirk before he winked.

Ryder giggled from his bed, which earned him a playful glare from me.

School had ended about an hour ago and Liam helped us all with homework before he left for his session so that left the rest of the afternoon free for us and at this point I would rather be doing anything other than sitting here listening to Callum's awful singing.

"You aren't supposed to take it like that," I saw with an eye roll as I stood up from my bed.

"Where are you going?" Ryder asked with a bit of disappointment in his voice.

"Somewhere where my ears won't bleed," I tease as I walk out the door but not before hearing Callum ask if his singing was that bad and Ryder completely dodging the answer.

As much as I hated to say it, I was starting to like it here for the most part.

Well, except the classes, the teachers, the sessions, Kyle, and the armed guard everywhere.

Maybe I was just starting to like the people I was rooming with.

Thank you to all the people concerned for me in the last chapter.

Also fun fact, Liam's panic attack in this chapter is highly based off my own attacks.

I also have a new story posted. Please go check it out, it would mean the world to me.

Just a reminder I stream my writing session on twitch if anyone is interested in that. I use the same display name here as I do there. The link is in my bio!

Last updated: January 18,2021