Chapter 1: A Boy Deep in the Forests

In the forests of the Ordona Province, a province of Hyrule so far south it is forgotten, there is a house.

In that house, a sixteen year old Hylian with blonde hair wears standard Hylian Trousers and a red Hylian Tunic.

His name is Link.

Link lives with his twelve year old little sister, Aryll, and his trusted companion, Epona the horse.

Link was born from his mother while she and her brother, Link's Uncle were traveling through the woods.

She never married or fell in love with another man before she gave birth to Link; she just suddenly had a child one evening not long after the Royal Massacre for unknown reasons.

She and Link's Uncle delayed their return to Castle Town for four years and rented a temporary home in Ordon Village, since they couldn't go with baby Link to Castle Town, especially since a baby called Link was clearly a person the Yiga Traitors would target, with the legends of heroes called Link in each generation and all that.

But, this Link wasn't just going to be the next hero, no; it was a bit different this time.

After those four years Link's mother met someone and Aryll was born.

That man left and was never seen again after Mother died in childbirth, and Link's Uncle left young Link and baby Aryll out in the forests.

Uncle returned to live in Castle Town.

Since then, Link lived off of food he got from the Ordon Woods, and he occasionally rode Epona to the nearby settlement of Ordon Village, but he preferred life in the cabin in the woods.

On this day, Link got out of bed as usual.

"Good morning world!" he yawned as he walked over to Aryll's bed, where she was fast asleep.

"Time to wake up! It's a bright new day! You want breakfast, don't you?"

"yeah, yeah" she mumbled "I'll be there in a minute"
"I've gotta head out" Link said "I want to make sure you've had breakfast before I leave"

"Fine" she woke up, and headed over to the dining table

"There are some Mushroom Skewers left from yesterday's dinner" Link told Aryll "There should be enough for a satisfying breakfast"

"Okay" she replied

"I've gotta head out to Ordon Village with Epona" Link explained

"Don't you want breakfast?" Aryll asked her older brother

"I'll probably grab some Woodland Boar on the way into town" Link said "I heard Talo and the others running around in these parts, meaning those kids got loose again, and one of them said something about Uncle coming to visit Ordon. Hopefully I can stop and say hello while he's in town"

"The Uncle who abandoned us?" Aryll asked "Okay..."

On his way out, Link walked over to a photo he kept in a picture frame.

He believed it to be produced by the ancient technology of the fabled Sheikah Slate, a device of wonder whispered about among the travelers.

The picture was of the Five Champions of Hyrule according to its title, and all the people in it were wearing Royal Hyrulean Blue outfits.

In the front was a man in blue who looked just like Link, with a sword.

There was also a feathered blue bird-man, a pink scaled-woman in silver gems, a Gerudo Warrior, a Goron, and what looked to be a Sheikah holding a blonde baby that was wearing a small crown.