forty four

The next morning I woke up with a terrible feeling in my gut. Draco was still beside me, fast asleep. I smile at the beautiful sight of him past out asleep beside me.

I carefully untangle from him to not wake him up while he's asleep.

He's so peaceful.

I quietly exit the room and head down stairs to see that Theo is already up and making breakfast.

I stand there as watch him for a moment as he's so in his own element right now. This kid loves cooking.

"Good morning, T." I say. He whips around and smiles at me.

"Good morning, Maya." He says and smiles at me. "Want some coffee and breakfast?"

"Yes please." I say as I take a seat at the table.

"How did you sleep?" He asks me.

"Fine I guess. I just woke up with a terrible feeling."

"Probably from the events from last night." Theo says carefully as he sets a coffee cup in front of me.

"Do you want to know what Blaise told me last night?" I ask him to change the subject.

"If it's interesting, yes." Theo says, smirking.

"Oh it's interesting." I say. "He told me that I'm brave for.. well you know."

"You were incredibly brave, Maya." Theo interrupts.

"Blaise also told me that he considers me family, he considers all of us family." I say.

"Blaise Zabini?" Theo asks.

"Yup."

"It's crazy how fast things change, isn't it?" Theo says with a smile.

"It really is."

He smiles before putting some bacon and an egg on my plate and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I say. "Um- Theo.. what about you and Hermione?"

"Oh.. yeah." Theo turns away from me. "She- she saw my mark and doesn't want anything to do with me..." he explains.

What...

"Theo... I'm so sorry." I begin but he shakes his head.

"Please don't apologize, Maya." He says. I can tell how sad he is about it. He really cares about Hermione.

"Regardless of what she thinks of you, T. I love you and I'm so proud of how far you've come." I say.

"I'm proud of us." He says as he sits down with me to eat.

I smile at him.

-

"You came down stairs and didn't wake me up." Draco grunts as he walks down stairs without a shirt on and looking grumpy. 

"I wanted you to get enough sleep." I smirk at him.

"I got up alone, I don't like waking up alone." He whines.

"It won't happen again if you stop whining." I tease.

"Good." He says as he comes down and wraps his arms around me.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me.

"I'm okay." I admit. "Still a little shaken up."

"We'll get through this together." He says as he kisses my forehead.

"Have you eaten?" He asks.

"Yes." I say. "Theo made bacon and eggs."

"Good." He says. "How's he doing?"

"He's sad but he'll be okay." I say and pause. "I am so mad-"

"About?"

"Hermione- she um... found out about Theo and now she wants nothing to do with him."

"Oh-" Draco says. "That filthy mudblood."

"Draco-"

"No. We allowed her to join us and she does this?"

"I know. I'm mad too but we can't change it."

"Theo doesn't fucking deserve that-" Draco says.

"Draco.. I know that. Trust me." I say.

"Fucking mudblood." He spat as he sat down very angrily. I sat on his lap and tried to calm him down. Except I agree with him. How dare she treat him like that? He would have done anything for her. He cares about her. Fuck. Theo is such a good guy and he doesn't deserve that.

-

Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Draco and I were seated in the living room after dinner. We have to speak about what happens next for us because we know at some point, The dark lord will want to speak to Draco about what happened that night. He might want to speak to the boys to as they are death eaters too. He might want to speak to me too... because technically I am a death eater too. I'm hoping that he doesn't want to speak to me though. I don't want to deal with that.

"What happens when he calls on one of you?" Pansy asks, being the first one to break the silence.

"Whoever he calls on, must go to see him." Draco says calmly. "We have no choice."

"He will probably have us all go back to school next year. I heard Snape is supposed to be taking over as headmaster." Blaise adds.

If I'm being honest, the last place I want to go is back to Hogwarts. Not after what had happened with Harry.

"I don't think it's a good idea for me to go back." Draco says.

"No body knows it was you." Blaise says.

"It wasn't him." I add.

"Right." Blaise says.

"I'm not sure I want to go back." I add.

"We will all be there for you." Pansy adds, sending me a smile.

"I know." I say.

"What happens over the summer?" Theo asks.

"Not sure yet." Draco says. "We will probably figure that out when he calls one of us."

"Can we make a deal?" I ask. "That whoever gets called on, whether it's all of us or some of us, we tell each other everything that happens."

Theo nods.

Blaise nods.

Draco nods.

Pansy being the only one of us who isn't a death eater technically, she won't be called. I think it's only fair is we tell each other everything otherwise she'll be left in the dark a lot.

"We're in this together." I say.

"We can stay here for the rest of the summer." Draco says. "My aunt says it's okay."

"Remind me to thank her, otherwise we would be stuck at home and that does not sound appealing." Blaise says.

The five of sat together for a long while before heading up to bed for the night. We're all rather exhausted from the past two days.