11. The Elemental

CHAPTER ELEVEN:The Elemental

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
The Elemental

TARA WOKE UP THE NEXT DAY HOPING TO GODRIC THAT THE EVENTS OF THE NIGHT BEFORE WERE JUST A DREAM. But unfortunately, it was all real. All her roommates either glared at her or completely ignored her making it very tense in the small dormitory.

The now very angry redhead made her way to the common room with her satchel full of books slung over her shoulder, hoping to find one of her siblings that didn't currently hate her or even Harry, but all she saw were more people glaring at her. She did her best to ignore them and she pushed her way through the small crowd of her housemates, now desperate to get breakfast, but if she knew that she'd be receiving the same glares in the Great Hall.

Once Tara had left the Gryffindor Common Room she sighed in relief, she'd at least get a few minutes to try and calm down before she'd have to deal with any more of her annoyed classmates. She saw Fred, George and Lee already seated at the Gryffindor table and decided to sit with them, doing her best to ignore the stares from other students.

"Hey, mind if I sit?" Tara asked and the three boys smiled in response, she took a seat next to George who sent her a sad smile as she placed her book bag on the floor.

"You doing okay?" Lee asked from across the table between bites of food.

"I suppose, I'm already sick and tired of everyone glaring at me," Tara said with an eye roll.

"Just ignore them, they're too stupid to understand. We all know you didn't do it," Fred said and Tara smiled at him gratefully.

"Thanks, guys, I reckon it's only you three, Harry, and Cedric that think that though," Tara said sadly and George patted her head affectionately with a grin on his face. "Stop that," Tara said with a laugh as she moved her head out of his reach, smoothing down her hair in the process.

"Speak of the devil," Lee said with a smirk, his attention towards the entrance of the Great Hall. Tara followed his gaze to see Cedric heading towards them and she couldn't help but smile a little.

"Hey," Cedric said somewhat awkwardly.

"Hi," the four Gryffindors responded, Tara didn't notice Fred, George and Lee send each other a knowing look.

"May I?" Cedric asked gesturing to the seat next to Tara, she immediately nodded with a small smile and Cedric sat right next to her. "How are you?" he asked and Tara shrugged.

"I'm okay," she said and he smiled sadly at her before grabbing a piece of toast. It was then that a brown owl dropped a letter right above Tara, she caught it with ease and checked that it was in fact addressed to her before ripping it open.

"Wait, is that from Charlie?" George asked, recognising the very messy handwriting of their older brother. Tara just nodded as she carefully unfolded the letter.