Chapter 10 《Feather》

Birds of feather flock together right? Well, that's how its been since the conversation between you and Keigo on the rooftop a couple of weeks ago. After that rooftop talk, Keigo has been hanging around you more often, almost like a puppy following its owner around. You didn't mind him being  around constantly because it was actually pleasant. However, its Hawks so of course there were times where he would get on your nerves.

To say the least, the two of you had gotten pretty close and in a way became each others biggest fan, not that you weren't fans of each other before but now that you two had gotten closer the two of you were each others motivation pushing each other further and to their limit.

Almost everyday you and Keigo would always see each other at least once, whether coincidentally or purposefully. Majority of the time it was Keigo swooping in where ever you were during patrols or dropping by your house because he wanted to see you and he just loved seeing your reactions when he bugs and teases you. Though he annoyed the hell out of you at times he would at least bring you food or snacks.  

Currently, it had been 5 days since you and Keigo had seen each other. You were sent out on a mission which was scheduled to take about 5 days while Keigo was busy with the typical hero work along with working with his intern Tokoyami.

~At Hawks place~

"I just want to protect her even though she's strong and capable enough to do so herself..." Keigo mumbled on to no one as he plopped himself down on his couch after returning from a long patrol. "That shitty patrol would've been better if she was patrolling with me but she's out on a mission" he sighed slightly at the thought of that.

For some reason through out his day thoughts of you just kept lingering in his mind. "Gah! I can't help but think of her!" Keigo said out loud slightly frustrated as he sat up and ran his hands through his hair.

"I miss her" he pouts slightly as he got up to go grab something to eat from his kitchen. "Gosh, I sound like a clingy boyfriend even though we aren't together" he groaned slightly while grabbing a snack, 'but...' he smile slightly at a thought but quickly shook it off and walked back to his couch. As he was walking back, his phone suddenly rung making him sigh seeing that it was the commission calling him.

He answered the call slightly annoyed, "Hawks, there's a mandatory briefing in 10 minutes. We have news on an underground drug ring, so we need you here right away" the other person on the other line said. "Got it" he responded.

Arriving at the meeting, he was he was in a slightly jolly mood expecting to see you there as well, but from the group of heroes there ranging from Endeavor to the Wild, Wild Pussycats, you weren't there making him sigh disappointedly, 'I guess she's not back yet' he thought to himself as the meeting began.

"As some of you may know, White Wings was sent out to dig up information on some underground organization we had gotten intel on. From her we have discovered that there is an underground drug trafficking ring developing quirk enhancing and nullifying drugs. Luckily at the moment they have not seemed to perfect the drug yet. So now is the best time to take action before it is perfected" the chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae explained. 

The chief of police sighed as he continued explaining, "during White Wings mission she was able to detain 3 associates of the drug ring. From what she gained, they are still in the process of producing the drugs. Currently there has only been 10 quirk enhancing drugs made, 3 of which were used during her fight with the 3 she detained, and only 5 quirk nullifying bullets made, 1 of which was used on her during the fight. Luckily enough she recovered her quirk after 5 hours however there seems to be a lingering after effect"

Hawks felt his heart drop, though he may have looked composed on the outside his mind was in panic and worry, wondering if you were okay or if you were safe and so on.