•Chapter Twenty Nine• Unexpected turn...

Third Person Pov -

Kimberly felt like she had entered a movie scene as her brown eyes lingered through the small gap in the door, she hadn't pushed it open to wide—so Luca and the men surrounding him, hadn't yet noticed her presence. Inside smelt odd to Kimberly, her nose scrunched up a little as she peered inside.

Luca was speaking to his men in Italian, so all she could do was watch his hand gestures...but what she really wanted to see, was the man they where hoovering, the man who is supposedly her dad.

Almost like the universe had listened to her sudden thoughts, a breath left her lips when a rusty voice spoke up...

"Are you bastards going to start speaking in English?" It was harsh, rough and very cold that Kimberly found herself trembling at the tone.

A sarcastic chuckle escaped Luca, followed by a sudden quick rotation, Kimberly's eyes instantly widening when she saw him, her father.

Not that he even deserved the title, 'Father.'

He looked almost the same as the photographs her mother had once showed her, only now he had more wrinkles on his forehead. His eyes didn't look as inviting as they did on the photos she had been shown, no. They now looked blood shot, evil.

Kimberly always wondered how she would feel if she ever met her dad. But when she looked at him, all she could see was the pain he had caused her Mom by leaving her pregnant, with his very own daughter.

She could see the pain he had caused Luca and his family, by murdering his mother...

The pain he had caused her, pain of growing up without a father figure in her life...

Luca was facing now facing Kimberly's father, Rocco. Words about to bounce from his tongue, when Rocco suddenly said something else, "You know, I pity you"

"Pity?" Luca seethed, shaking his head. "I don't need your pity, stronzo" [Asshole]

Rocco let out a mean and very loud laugh before saying, "Oh, but you do"

Kimberly's eyebrows knotted together at his words, her gaze still wondering through the small gap—trying her best not to be seen. She was holding her breath, not moving a single muscle as she listened to what Rocco had to say next.

"You see, there was something your pretty little mama told me before I-"

He had no chance to say anything else because Luca had pulled back his clenched fist, before plunging it straight into Rocco's face, his head snapping backwards from the strong impact.

Kimberly's eyes had widened, her heart pounding as she placed a hand over her mouth, to stop the screech that tried desperately to leave her lips. She felt sick, sick from the sound of Luca's fist colliding with Rocco's face...but even more sick at the words leaving her 'so called' father's mouth.

Luca was now holding Rocco by his collar, "So you admit it, you admit that you killed her" He yelled, Rocco only smirked—blood trickling down his face.

"Fucking answer me!" He called out again, letting go of Kimberly's fathers collar, causing him to slam down onto the cold floor.

Rocco spat out blood, lifting himself into a sitting position before talking. "You never let me finish" his voice dripped with sarcasm. "Tell your men to leave, so we can talk man to man"

Kimberly was surprised at how quickly Luca raised his hand to wave off his men, she panicked before stumbling backwards to hide. She tried to hold her breath, her chest heaving up and down as she stayed behind a corner—the three tall men walking past her and down the long hallway.