~Chapter 30~

Lucien's POV

"Shut the fuck up,"I glare at Ace and feel Scarlett incing closer to my body.I directed Scarlett in the direction of the kitchen to help her avoid further embarrassment.I on the other hand could give zero fucks about their comments and teasing.

I lift her up and set her down on the island before going to the refrigerator and retrieving the ingredients for omelets.I set them all on the counter and take out a pan and add oil in it and let it sizzle.I begin making omelets for the both of us and I feel her staring at my back.

She hands me plates so I can place our delicacies on it.She places them on the island as I place the pan in the dishwasher.I dry my hands and slide in next to her.I take the fork and knife and cut pieces before shoving them in my mouth.

I look over to Scarlett to see her ravishing the omelet.A small smile tugs at myblips at the actions.Ace entered the kitchen and looked at me seriously.

"Giovanie is being transported today,"he said and I nodded before digging my phone out of my pocket and dialing the number of some alliances.Many of my men were across the country so I didn't have enough men to retrieve him.My rivals wouldn't miss the chance of striking a hit on Giovanie in his state in order to get answers out of him.

"Mr.De Luca.What a pleasure hearing from you.What should I do for you this time?"The Hispenic feminine voice greeted and I looked towards Scarlett before excusing myself and going to my office.

"Andrea,I need eyes on Giovanie to secure his safety.He is being transported from Portugal to
here in New York.If you can send a total of fifty men to secure and scout the route he's being taken through I would highly apreciate it,"I said and took a seat before going through the route again.He had to go to Portugal because his mother was there and for the treatment.He suffored severe brain damage but that didn't occur in memory loss or a tumor.

"Sure but you know I don't just hand out favors like these el guapo,"(handsome) she said.

"What do you need Andrea?"I questioned before putting the phone on speaker and getting up to serve myself some whiskey.

"My shipments have been intercepted numerous times through the route I have been taking.It was either someone who tipped the police off or some of the mobs who decided to be brave,"I could hear her grind her teeth together as the whiskey burned down my throat.

"So you want to ship out your goods through my routes,"I stated more than asking.

"Yes.It won't be forever.Just so my people can deal the shit in the eastern part of France,"she said and I nodded despite her not being able to see me.

"Okay we can discuss this  later in the day but I need your men to escort Giovanie safely here,"I negotiated and set the empty glass on the mahogany desk.

"Sure I'll meet you at you're estate in a couple hours after sending the men out,"she said and I hung up.

Andrea and I have been allies since I have taken over.I went to the kitchen to see Scarlett finishing cleaning up.I wrapped my arms around her waist and she looked over her shoulder and smiled subtly.

"Is everything alright?How's Giovanie doing?"she asked as she turned around so we were chest to chest.

"Yeah everythings great.Giovanie has recovered but needs rest and a lot of support.In about two or less hours there will be a guest arriving.It's nothing special we just have to go over some things,"I told her and I leaned down to place a kiss on her collarbone.

"Oh okay,"she said and and reached up to peck my lips before wiggling out from my hold and trudging upstairs.

With that I left to go over the routes one last time.I may be a fucking heartless bastard but those who are near to me I protect with my life.