Chapter 7

From noon till midnight, I studied like a nerd. I memorized all formulas, methods, and everything. Jet did not enter or disturbed me even once. Grandpa and Grandma continued with their routine and I continued with mine. And the next day, I did a really good job on the math paper.

I decided to hang out with my cousin Max Angel. Okay, he isn't an angel in a soul-spirit form, but that person is legit just a technical and more improved form of an angel. I mean it.

He is nothing like I exaggerate myself, instead, he is real. He is long, smart, and ...pretty much everything. Max is 20, 4 years older than me but still never acts odd, never ignores me, or doesn't even shoo's me out, partially because we have the same interests: technology and invention.

Once we both connected and collected wires and portions and everything and ended up inventing a baby bird who would always make tea for you. Max gifted that to Grandma Zoe, but my grandma asked for tea so many times a day that after 3 days the bird exploded spitting out the raw tea on grandma's necklace and chin. 

Now, that's funny.

The second time, we started to think about turning Mr.Willy Wonka's secret inventions into real-life inventions and we spent day and night inventing machines that made Chewing gums that would never lose their taste. Max's sister also helped us in that as she was good at baking and cooking stuff. We wanted to invent an invisible spy, a gravity-less costume on which gravity won't act or the Earth won't pull the wearer of the costume towards itself. we also dreamed about planing a reverse for mind uploading. like downloading stuff in our minds so that we could remember it as long as we live. We wanted to invent a multi-head player that could connect to our brains and could play movies, songs, shows, or cereals related to our mood. And with our fortunate luck, we did! We did invent a device that looked like a headband on our heads and we connected that to our laptops. We wore it turn by turn. When Max wore that, the laptop played Star Wars, and when I wore it, it played the actual games of guns. Water guns if you are thinking wrong about it.

By the way, he is the coolest guy to hang out with. He doesn't joke or talk too much around people except for his friends but he reads the mind of computers which I admire.

I walked into his house, a big one with five to six rooms: his dad's room, uncle Jax, one for Max and one guest room, a dining room, and an inventing room. A big living room and a small garden outside. Ground floor and first floor. a townhouse. 

I knew Max would be in his invention room whatever you say, so I hiked in.

"Hi, Max!" I cheered.

He was deep into something when I focused on it as a video game. He looked up after 120 seconds.

"Oh, Hi what's up Jasper? Over with the exams, huh?" Grandpa must've told him.

"How do you know?" I still asked.

"Uncle Julius told me. I wanted to meet you. He said you wanted to buy some time because you were having your exams." Great.

"Oh, I see. What were you doing? Can we please play video games together?" I requested, jumping on the couch next to him. And with that Lights went off.

"What's going on?" I asked, ignoring the fact that he was about to answer my request.

"Oh, That. Dad is working on a tube lights' project. He said this would happen until a week. I think our next work has to be in your house or just have to wait for 7 freaking days." He sighed.

"Dude, Tube light?" I laughed.

"Yeah, well, what were you up to? We can't play video games at the moment."