(TEASER) I'm Proud of You. I Always Have

Your POV

It was the dead of night here Earth, everyone was asleep, and I was still in the kitchen trying to rest by drinking some water after a hard day at work. And what happened today was...not pretty. But I got everything under control.

I took a sip from my glass and was about to grab a vodka from the fridge, when I heard footsteps behind me. I turn around, and saw a small figure in the dark. And then he walked out. That figure...being my son. Solaire.

Y/N: Kiddo? What are you still doing up? It's late?

Solaire: H-hi, Dad. Can I get something to drink?

Y/N: Oh, you're thirsty? Yeah, sure kid. I can get you a glass, just a sec.

I then grabbed another glass after I let go of the fridge handle and I opened the faucet and let the water fill up the glass, I walked near Solaire and handed it to him.

Y/N: Alright, here you go. Careful, don't spill it. Now go to bed.

Solaire: Thanks, Dad.

He then drank the water from the glass with a few gulps and he was about to leave but suddenly I stopped him.

Y/N: Actually...hold on, Kid.

Solaire: W-what's wrong, Dad?

I then walked closer to the table while Solaire was just on the other side of it.

Y/N: Listen...while I've got you here...

Solaire: What is it?

I took a deep breathe and I rubbed my temples, and I gently smiled at Solaire and I put my hand on my chest.

Y/N: I just...thought I should tell you something something important...something you should hear more often.... especially from me.

I then then walked to the side where Solaire was and I knelt down to his level and I out my hand on his shoulder and looked at him.

Y/N: I'm proud of you. I am. So. Proud of you. And I love you so much...

Then, tears start to form in his eyes while he looked at me.

Y/N: Remember yesterday?

Solaire: Yeah. B-but...but I fell *sniff* didn't I?

Y/N: Yeah...but you got back up, didn't you? That what matters.

I then proceeded to hug him and his tiny arms wrapped around my neck as he lightly sobbed.

Y/N: I love you, Solaire. I really do.

Then we broke the hug and I wiped away his tears with my hands. Then I stood back up and told him to go to bed.

Y/N: Now go to bed.

Solaire: *sniff* Sure thing, Dad. Goodnight.

Y/N: Goodnight.

He was about to run back to his room, but before that I called him out.

Y/N: And hey.

He turn around and looked at me and he stopped in his tracks.

Y/N: I love you, kid. To the moon and back.

I winked at him and he smiled and then he ran back to his room to finally sleep. I then went to the fridge to get some vodka, but then I stopped. Then I let go of the fridge handle and I walked back to my room with Pearl. Maybe I won't be taking any alcohol tonight. Just this once...for the sake of my kids.