Chapter 13| CID

I returned to my hotel after I dropped Aya off in their apartment. She agreed to give me a chance, and I am very grateful. I am also grateful to Jane. She gave me the best explanation for Aya's situation. I am happy that Aya has Jane in her life. I know that if I want Aya in my life, she needs to know that I am also welcome to accept everything about her and everyone around her.

It's the first time I will be in a serious relationship,p and I wouldn't want to mess this up. But I know I still have to reveal to her who I am, the Cid Waldon, not the Cid Williams. However, I am sure that my name or status will not make any difference in how I feel about her.

While preparing to sleep, I called Rick to check on how things were going in Arkansas.

"Ciddy! How is Worcester? How is the lover boy?"

"Loverboy, your face, Rick! How are things going on there?"

"Well, so far, so good. Your dad is getting better. And I am overseeing your office in the meantime. But Man, seriously, when are you coming back?"

"I still have six days, Rick. I asked for a week, remember?"

"I know Cid, but you know your dad is still recovering and you not being around making some board members agitated, and some are taking advantage of the situation to create doubts and insecurities over management."

"I understand. That is why I assigned you to cover for me, Rick. Just a few more days."

"What is your plan, Cid? Not that you can make Aya accept everything about you in a week. Have you told her about you as the Cid Waldon?"

"Not yet; I haven't told her. But I could tell her how I feel about her. And I am happy because she gave me a chance. I don't want to bombard her with revelations after revelations, you know. But I plan to tell her everything while I am here."

"Well, good luck to you, Ciddy! I have to go now. Call me anytime!"

"Yes, I will. Thanks, Rick!"

Reminded by what Rick just said, I have to make sure that I tell Aya everything she needs to know about me soon. We are doing this, Cid! We have to make sure we don't mess up!

***

Cid fulfilled her promise of making Aya feel and see how he cares about her. Every day he picks her up from the apartment and brings her to W Supermarket, where they work together in the garden. Cid got the chance to work other jobs aside from the garden. He could meet different employees and spend time with them. All because of Aya's encouragement. And every afternoon, he brings Aya back to the apartment. Together they have been visiting Baby Angel every other day instead of Aya's usual once-a-week visit. The six days turned into ten days. Then Cid didn't realize that he had already stayed in Worcester for almost a month. 

His dad went back to managing W's HQ. His excellent feedback regarding Cid's performance in Worcester made him happy and proud. The relationship between Cid and his dad became better. Rick goes back and forth to Massachusetts and Arkansas. But even though everything is going well in Cid's life at W Worcester, Rick never failed to remind Cid that his stay is just temporary. And that eventually, he will have to go back to Arkansas.

Cid and Aya have been spending more time together. And every day, they become comfortable in each other's company. Cid had been more vocal in telling Aya how much he liked her. Aya shows Cid that she might have felt the same way about him. However, she is still hesitant and worried. She already accepted that Cid had proven himself and his sincerity towards her.

A month after Cid came back to Worcester, Aya decided she would accept him in her life. She planned that on their next visit to Baby Angel, she would tell Cid about it. She already told Jane about her plan. It thrilled Jane to learn about Aya's decision. Cid had decided that he would tell Aya about his being a Waldon on the same day.

"Cid, can you take a day off this Saturday?"

Cid nodded with a smile up to his ears. "Sure! Anytime, any day, for you."

"I want us to talk while we are visiting Baby Angel. Like real talk, you know." Aya said softly.

"Yes, we will talk. I also want to tell you something." Cid's voice croaked.

"It's a date then, Saturday," said Aya, smiling.

"Yes." Cid winked at her and bowed. "It's a date!"

Saturday came, and they went to the memorial park together. They brought the flowers that Aya arranged in the garden last night. Unknown to each other, they both have decided today is the day for Aya to tell Cid that she feels the same and that she will accept him in her life. Cid will tell Aya that he is the Waldon heir and not Rick.

As Aya put on the flowers, Cid lighted a candle. They sat on the grass with Aya's head leaned on Cid's shoulder, with their hands clasped together.

"Baby Angel, we are here again. I am happy that I get to visit you more these days. Mommy loves you!"

"I love you too, Baby Angel. Uncle Cid here."

"Baby, Mommy wants you to hear everything I will say today. You know, the day you left five years ago, I felt I had died. I didn't have any reason to live anymore. Good thing Mama Jane was there to help me set things straight. But I was a big mess almost a year after you left. My life was a total mess."

Aya cried but kept on talking in between sobs.

"I never thought that this day would come. That I will visit you with a happy heart."

Cid slowly wiped her tears when Aya faced him and looked straight into his eyes.

"Cid, thank you for coming into my life. For not giving up on me. Thank you for accepting everything about me, including my painful past."

Cid placed soft kisses on each of her eyebrows. "Please stop crying."

"Cid, I tried not to, but I cannot control my heart anymore. I love you!"

"What did you say? Did I hear it right, Aya?" Cid placed his hand over his mouth. 

Cid can't believe what he heard. It surprised him at the same time; his face showed genuine happiness. He affectionately cupped her face with his hands and slowly placed his lips on hers.

"I love you more, My Aya! You made me the happiest today! Thank you!"

***