Chapter 13

Stockholm Syndrome ~ 1D
(*)

Y'all see the new cover? I like it better than the dollar tree quality of the first one. :)

—————

"Are you sure he's ok to perform tonight?" I ask Mel. I'm still a little concerned about Liam. It's been a month since he got to leave the hospital. The doctor said he's alright to perform, and of course he's going to, but he also said he's still in a little pain.

"Yes, he's fine. He told me this morning the only pain he feels is in his ribs. It's nothing major, and he won't be frolicking all over stage like usual. He promised me."

Despite anything she says, I can still tell she's worried about him. They've seem to have gotten so much closer since the accident. I don't even know how it's possible. They barely leave each other's sides, except for right now. I'm back helping Melanie and the stage crew set up for another show. This one is right outside of LA though.

The boys are getting ready in their dressing rooms after just finishing up with soundcheck. Liam sounded perfectly normal in my opinion, I just pray he doesn't overdo himself and get hurt any more. It was obvious how the other boys were keeping their eyes on Liam like a hawk throughout soundcheck too. And they already said they won't let him hurt himself in any way.

This is only my second time helping the crew out, so I still get a little confused at times, but I'm not completely clueless like the first time. I'm actually proud of myself for placing equipment in the right spots without being told.

By the time we're done setting things up, there's an hour and a half until showtime. It's weird how even though I've been to a show now, and literally met the whole band and became best friends with them, and have been..... hanging out with Harry a little, yet I'm still so excited and nervous to be here just like the first time. I bet the feeling won't ever change, but it's not gonna matter later.

I still can't believe they're splitting up.

After Liam was released from the hospital, they immediately started continuing their work on the final album. He didn't do much since they haven't recorded anything new yet, but he helped write more lyrics and stuff.

They let Melanie and I tag along to the studio occasionally, and afterwards we'd literally hold each other and cry about the split. We didn't care if we were being over dramatic either.

"There were shirts made for the crew. It's got a picture of the boys on it, they thought it would be hilarious if we all wore one. Here." She chuckles and tosses me a shirt.

It was a regular white tee, but with a picture of the boys standing with their arms around each other performing at LA the first time I saw them. One Direction was printed in bold black and red letters at the top. I smiled at the fact that we're all gonna wear this. I'll definitely be keeping it forever afterwards too.

Mel and I throw the shirts on, and then finish getting ready. I'm running a flat iron through my hair when we hear a knock at the door. "I got it," Mel jumps down from her chair at her vanity.

The door is right behind my mirror, so I can see that when she opens it, Harry and Liam are standing on the other side.

Liam and Mel hug while Harry makes his way towards me with that dimpled grin on his face. "What's with that smile?" I ask him cheekily.

He doesn't answer, just walks over and wraps his arms around my shoulders and plants a swift kiss to my jawline. I blush, like I always do around him.

"Nice shirt. Who's that incredibly sexy guy on the far left there?" He points at himself on the picture on my shirt.

I roll my eyes. "Pretty sure his name is Louis." I joke.