Twenty Two

Flashback - 1, September, 1972

"Now, you two behave this year, and have a wonderful time." Euphemia told her children with a smile. "And Raina," She smiled, crouching down on one knee to reach her eleven year old daughter. "You owl us the second you get sorted into Gryffindor." She said, still smiling, and lightly pressing her nose with her finger.

"I will mum!" She laughed, pulling away, always hated when her mom pressed her nose like a button.

Fleamont crouched down on one knee, just as his wife, and pulled his daughter into a hug. "I'm going to miss you, little lion." He told her. "With now the both of you gone, I'm stuck with your mother."

Raina laughed at her father and pulled him into another hug, kissing his cheek as she pulled away. "I'll miss you, dad." She told him.

"I'll miss you too." He smiled sadly.

"Okay, you two. Go on, onto the train before your father starts crying." Euphemia joked. With one last hug to their parents, James and Raina happily boarded the Hogwarts Express.

"Raina, come meet my friends!" James excitedly said, grabbing her hand and dragging her to a compartment where two boy sat, talking to each other.

"And I'm telling you Peter — oh, Hello James, who's this?" A boy with sandy brown hair, and scars covering his face asked, while he was politely sitting, talking to the boy across from him, who was tall and scrawny, with wavy blonde hair.

"This is my sister, Raina! She's finally starting Hogwarts!" James smiled excitedly.

"Pleasure to meet you." The polite boy with sandy hair smiled. "I'm Remus, this is Peter." The boy introduced himself, before pulling out a large bar of chocolate. "Chocolate?" He offered.

"Oh, yes, thank you." She smiled at Remus, who broke off a generous piece for her to eat.

"Where's Sirius?" James asked his friends.

"Don't know." Peter Shrugged. "Probably somewhere with some poor girl."

"Oh, speak of the devil." Remus said. Everyone turned around to see a boy with shoulder length, black hair, making his way to the compartment.

"Oh, brilliant!" James said. "Sirius!" He called, making Sirius laugh and jog up to reach them.

"Hello James, Remus, Peter." He greeted his friends. "Hello." He smiled at Raina. It was a charming smile, as he pushed back his hair. "And who is this lovely lady, James?" He asked, making Raina giggle. 

"She's my sister, you idiot!" James said, hitting the back of the boy's head.

"Ow, right." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "Then you're Raina." He told her. "Sirius Black, your brother's best mate, partner in crime, secret lover..."

Raina giggled at the last part and shook the boys hand. "It's nice to meet you." She smiled.

"And you as well." He smiled back. "Will you be sitting with us?" He asked her.

"Oh, no." She told him, making Sirius frown slightly. "As lovely as that sounds, I think I ought to go a make some of my own friends, you know, so I'm not alone when I get sorted."

"Well, I hope to see you sitting at Gryffindor table." He told her.

"Oh, you will." James smiled proudly. "I just know it."

"Right, well, I'll see you later, James." Raina smiled and waved goodbye to her brother as she walked away.

"James, your sister is hot." Sirius told James.

"Oh, shut up." He groaned, smacking the back of his head again.

"Ow!" He yelped, rubbing his head. "I was just saying."

Raina smiled to herself as she walked down the train corridors, until she stopped to see two boys who looked to be her age.

She knocked on the glass window before sliding the door open. "Hi." She smiled. "Mind if I sit here?"

The two boys shrugged, and Raina took her seat next to a boy with dark curly hair. He was dressed nicely, his hair was combed back and his robes were no doubt expensive.

"I'm Raina, Raina Potter." The boy with curls scoffed at her, rolling his eyes. "Potter." He said bitterly.

"You know her?" The second boy asked. He was blonde, and also dressed rather expensively.

"I know of her family. Dad tells us all about the Potter's, and Sirius tells us all about her brother."

"Sirius?" Raina asked, recognizing the name. "Sirius Black? Is he your brother?" 

"He is a person of my blood, but he is not my brother." The curly haired boy told her bitterly.

"She'll be sorted into Gryffindor, Ev." The boy told his blonde friend. "We shouldn't waste our time with such people."

"Of course you choose to decide you don't like me before you even know me. You know nothing of me but my name and what your father has to say of us. And by the way he was talking just five minuets ago, I'm sure your brother had plenty of wonderful things to say about mine. So maybe before deciding you don't like me, how about you try and get to know me first."

The boys looked her with the slight bit of shock, before the blonde boy smiled. "Feisty, determined, who knows, Reg, maybe she'll make Slytherin. Evan Rosier." He greeted her, shaking her hand, which she gladly shook back.

"And, you are...Reg...Black?" She guessed. The boy let out a snort, and was now smirking. "Regulus Black." He told her.

"Ah, well. Lovely to meet you, Regulus Black."

-

"Potter, Raina."

Raina looked up nervously at the teacher she learned to be called Professor McGonagall, who held a raggedy, magic hat that sorted you.

She slowly made her way up to sit on the stool, allowing McGonagall to place the hat on her head, as James gave her two encouraging thumbs up.

"Oh! Another Potter?" The hat said. "My, my, very interesting...there's a good mind in here, and a brave heart. I see extreme loyalty as well. What to do with you...Oh! But you're ambition! You're a stubborn one, aren't you, cunning as well... Oh, yes, yes I think you'll fit splendidly."

James was on the edge of his seat, as well as Regulus and Evan, who had already been placed into Slytherin.

"SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherin table cheered, and Raina smiled as she made her way to the table, though, as she was making her way to be seated by Regulus and Evan, who were clapping just a bit louder than everyone else, she glanced over to see James, his jaw practically hitting the floor. 

Raina's attention was turned back to Regulus and Evan when Regulus shook her hand and said, "Lovely to meet you as well, Raina Potter."