What if...(Part 4)

A very well-requested part 4 ;) Part 5 will be up soon. Let's see how they escape from HQ, shall we? 

You came to in an empty room, the rooms normally used for interrogation were now cleared of any furniture you could use to break out. If you would have been able to even lift an arm. 

Everything hurt, but your forearms and especially your ribs hurt the most. Your arms had protected your face from the hard boots while your ribs, especially the back, were all blue and bruised. You didn't need to take off your jacket to know that. There was blood on your hands, shirt, in your hair and in your eyes. It dripped from a wound you couldn't see, probably somewhere on your forehead, onto the dull grey ground.

Everything was grey. The walls, the ceiling. You might as well have been inside your coffin already. The dull light on the ceiling barely did anything to light it up.

You had no energy, just enough to open your eyes and focus on the floor. Besides that, you just lay there, unmoving. 

In your half-asleep state, a loud scream startled you so badly your whole body jolted. For a heartbeat, you thought it was Daisy, but this voice was too deep and entirely unfamiliar. That shouldn't have calmed you down as much as it should. After all, there was still a man screaming in agony.

Suddenly he stopped, which only made it worse. It was definitely the Doctor's doing, which meant he was either coming for you next or maybe Daisy. You wished she was here with you but you were all alone. It made it more agonizing, not knowing where she was and if she was even still alive. But you guessed that if you were, so was she. 

There was a sound of a door opening, light spilling in from the hall. Slow footsteps came closer until expensive leather shoes stopped right in your line of sight. With all the effort you could muster, you turned on your back, looking up at the owner.

You came face to face with the Doctor himself. His eyes held pure hatred and disgust. In all your years of working for him, you had never been so scared. 

''Where is she?'' You managed to breathe out, your voice no louder than a whisper, but the Doctor understood you perfectly.

''Skye. Or should I say Daisy?'' His cold eyes drilled into yours, making you cringe from the sheer force. ''Which one is it because I'm having trouble understanding it all.'' His voice was calm, which was scarier than if he would have screamed. ''You know I always found you one of our best agents.'' 

The Doctor patiently paced back and forth next to your bloodied and beaten up body. ''The both of you together were unstoppable, but now I understand why. You were doing it to hide the fact you both are that Inhuman filth, the very beings we are trying to eliminate,'' he spat.

''Daisy, she didn't know,'' you tried to reason, but you might as well have been talking to the wall. 

Unbeknownst to you, Daisy could hear the whole conversation. She was in the room next to yours, the air vents letting the noise travel from room to room. Your broken voice was a stab in her heart. Every raspy breath you let out sounded worse than the one before. 

The Doctor stopped and bowed down over your face. ''But that doesn't change anything, does it?''

You squeezed your eyes shut in hopelessness. The Doctor had his mind set and no traitor like you could change that. ''Please,'' you begged him. Not really sure what for, but it came out before you knew it. 

''I admire your loyalty to the resistance and to Skye. I really do. But I need answers, answers you have for me. So I suggest you start talking if you ever want to see her again.''