Chapter 22

Lisa's P.O.V

"Let the first match of the season begin!!" Professor Du yelled as I heard everyone on the benches roar in excitement.

I didn't go outside to see the match between Seulgi and Taeil, instead, I just sat in my waiting room and stared down at my hands that rested peacefully on my lap.

I was so nervous.

Though it wasn't very noticeable since I had very long ago mastered the art of putting on a bitch face. But if anyone were to see me right now, they would notice just how restless and overwhelmed I am right now. With my fumbling hands and the little glances I would take here and there. Someone was bound to notice.

I slowly raised my head and looked at myself in the huge mirror placed in front of me.

I was alone in my waiting room, no one was there. Why would they be anyway, the first match of the season was going on outside, even I wouldn't want to miss it, but something just feels very off about today.

I was always so excited and pumped up for the Magic School Tournament, the past few days I couldn't stop talking about it. I have always wanted to be one of the participants in the matches,

But something just gives me the creeps today.

Maybe it's the fact that's I'm going to fight my long term nemesis, I honestly had no idea what it was but right now I felt zero confidence in myself.

It felt like I had already lost the match and had been defeated. I felt the sense of hopelessness just devour my entire soul and being until there's almost nothing left of it.

And I had no idea why I felt this way and what was causing me to lose all my confidence and passion.

"What are you doing here?"

I looked at the mirror to see Yoongi standing behind me with his shoulder leaning on the wall.

"Umm, nothing. Just thinking about stuff." I said trying my best to act casual. I was failing miserably.

"What stuff?" He moved around the room, looking at the desk and other things. The only thing I could do at that moment was just sit still and gawk at him.

"The match." I replied honestly. "You scared?" He asked, leaning on the mirror in front of me as I scoffed. "You wish," I said in a challenging voice.

"Why are you sitting in here then?"

I didn't dare to reply, words were stuck in my mouth, ready to spill out and relay all my thoughts and emotions to him, but I swallowed them back in and spoke back as calmly as I could. "It's cold outside."

"........."

I despise myself.

Yoongi gave me an amused face as he chuckled. I can't blame him, that was the worst excuse I've ever made. "You can take my jacket. Or maybe Jimin's, he said he was feeling hot so he probably isn't using it right now."

"No thanks, but I'd rather just stay here."

"I'm sure it'll be better if you wear something cosy."

"I feel very comfortable here so it's fine."

"But don't you want to watch the battle?"

"I told you, it's cold outside so I'd rather just stay here."

"You like feeling cold, it's your power after all."

"Yeah I know, but I'm just not in the mood."

"Why aren't you in the mood?"

"Just because."

"That's not an answer."