Ch. 9 • Uncles

Ace

"Mama?"

Fu*k. Please let it be Silas doing a kid voice. Or Mateo. Or Vincent.

May and I look at each other and I can see the fright in her eyes.

"Mama?" We hear again. Theo.

May turns a little so that she is facing her kid, while holding the white blankets close to her so that it covers her chest area.

"Hey Theo, what are you doing here hun?" She asks in a worried tone

"Roman and I were tired of being out all day with our uncles so we asked to come and see you"

"Your uncles?" I ask

"Yah, uncle Vinny, uncle Si, and uncle Mateo"

"Oh, they asked you to call them uncle?" I ask trying to get deeper into a different conversation. Hopefully it will steer him away from asking me questions like 'why are you naked in a bed with my mom?' or 'what are you doing?'

"They did, and Ace, what are you doing in my moms bed?"

"He had a bad dream last night baby" May says cutting in " he asked if he could sleep with me and I said yes"

"Oh... ok" He says while pondering on his mom's answer " well, can Roman and I sleep with you now? We missed you a lot."

"Of course baby, go get your brother and us three can watch tv in my bed"

"Ok mama"

And with that Theo ran out of the room to get his brother. The second his little body was out of sight May pushed me out of the bed.

"Hey?!? What was that for?"

Before I even finished my statement May got out of bed as well and was rushing to her closet.

"Get dressed! And pick up any clothes that are on the floor. Quick!"

She was running like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get dressed and modest before her sons came back.

"Alright alright, but are you sure that you want to watch tv in a bed that was just used by us. Several times?"

" Crap, your right, but hurry up and just clean the room. I will tell Theo that we will watch tv in the living room"

"Fine, but May?" I ask her

"What?" She asks while trying to throw on a shirt

I walk over to her and hold her still by the shoulders

"I love you" I say to her and kiss her lips tenderly

She takes a breath and calms down, Looking back up at me with her big dark brown eyes. She gives me a small smile too and then leans her head onto me. " I love you too Ace"

She lifts her head off of my chest and gives it a small slap, " now finish cleaning so we can go down and watch cartoons with the boys?"

"Are you talking about the kid or adult boys? Because we both know that either group will gladly watch cartoons in the morning" I say with a small laugh