Since y'all were getting pressed about Y/n being depressed and rude

Y/n's pov

"You good?" Kei asks.

"Oh yeah," I nod my head. "I'm just... relaxing."

It's been a few days since the whole ordeal and since then I've decided that there's no point in fighting with my brother anymore. He didn't apologize to me, but I apologized to him and pretended like I wasn't bothered by it. Really I apologized to everyone, I mean, I don't want to dump all my problems on everybody anymore.

We've all been pretending like I never left, and my brother said and I quote 'thank you for getting your act together,' I really had to fight the urge to hit him. He claims that he was only being mean because he wanted me to go and run off to Kei, he wanted me to stop avoiding him.

"You don't look relaxed," he says. "You look like you saw a cat eat a kilo of coke or something."

"It's nothing," I say, hopping up to sit on the counter. "Just eat the cake."

"Why?" he asks. "Did you poison it or something?"

"No, just think of it as an apology for lying and wrecking valentine's day for everyone," I shrug. "We're good now right?"

I'm not good, but I was in a play when I was six, so I'm basically I pro actor.

"Yeah we're fine," he says. "Honestly I thought you were going to lose your mind a few days ago, with the smoking and crap."

"I saw it in a movie," I say. "All the drama and stuff."

Yeah, I'm still an avid smoker, but we don't need to talk about that. You can buy them online, it's not that hard.

"You shouldn't always do things you see in movies, dumbass," he says. "You need to stop scaring me like this, you're gonna make me lose my mind. It's not funny."

"I know that it's not funny," I laugh.

"Then why are you laughing at me?" he asks. "Stop it."

"I'm laughing at your face," he says.

"What about my face?" he asks. "It can't look more ridiculous than yours."

"No you look dumb," I smile. "Really dumb."

"Not as dumb as you," he rolls his eyes. "This is my happy face, were you dropped?"

"Why are you happy?" I ask. "It's just cake? And I dropped the strawberries on the floor."

"What the fuck?" he asks.

"Yeah, then Shit-ling took a bite of one," I say. "I didn't use that one though, don't worry. I washed the other ones."

"Honestly I don't care," he says.

"I should've known that you had low standards when you started dating me," I laugh.

"My standards are surprisingly high," he says.

"How so?" I ask.

"I'm not explaining," he says.

"Would you ever date someone like yourself?" I ask. "Like what if they looked like me, but acted like you."

"God no," he says. "Would you date someone like yourself?"

"Ew no," I cringe. "I'm too annoying."

"At least you're aware," he mutters.

"Short or tall girls?" I ask.

"They're mostly all short to me," he says.

"Ideal personality?" I ask.

"Why are you asking me stupid questions?" he asks.

"I'm just wondering," I say. "Also I took this Buzzfeed quiz about which girlfriend am I am and I got the crusty girlfriend."

"In what way?" he asks.

"I have no shame," I say. "Do you agree with that statement?"

"Yeah," he shrugs.

"Understandable," I nod my head.

"Give me your hand and close your eyes," he says holding out his own hand.

"Why?" I ask.

"Don't look at me like I'm trying to kidnap you," he says. "Close your eyes"

"I'm afraid of the dark," I say.

"Close them," he says. "I have a present for you and I'm not giving it to you unless you close your eyes."

"Fine," I say closing them. "I already know what it is, why do I have to close my eyes?"

"You don't know what it is," he says.

"It's a charm," I say. "You don't need to buy me presents."

"I don't care," he says. "I bought it a while ago, now open."

"Wow," I say. "It's so nice. Thank you."

"Don't fake excitement," he says. "It's weird."

"I'm not faking," I say. "I like it, the shape is cool."

"It's just a circle," he says.

"I know, and I like it," I say. "It's cool, minimalistic, I like your style."

"It has a cheesy meaning, so don't make a big deal about it," he says. "It was my mom and aunt's idea."

"What does it mean?" I ask. "That I need to stop being materialistic?"

"No," he shakes his head. "Just be quiet and listen, I will never tell you again."

"Fine, just tell me," I say. "I'm listening."

"Since it's blank you can just look at it if your feeling overwhelmed, or just like anything you can look at it," he explains. "And remember that I love you and even when you run off and were not together, I still do. Well, that's what my mom and aunt told me to say, it doesn't make sense anyway."

"Yeah, I totally think that it was just your mom and aunt you thought of that," I laugh. "Thank you, I really do like it."

"Really?" he asks. "Or are you just saying that?"

"No, I really do," I say. "I love it."

This just makes me feel worse about what I'm going to do, eventually.

There ya go.

-Crouton