Last days

Several days went by without word from Fury. It was now Wednesday and I was training in the gym with Wanda. She usually didn't do any physical fighting, just s practice with her powers. That's what she was helping me with. I was going to be putting myself in a dangerous situation and I needed control of my powers so I could help myself if needed.

We had been working at it for a while now and I was just barely starting to get the hang out it. I could love small items but that was it as of right now. I knew it was important so I practiced whenever I could. She would throw small objects into the air and I would have to catch them with my powers.

Along with the power training I continued my regular stuff as well. I sparred with several people, a lot of the team either Steve,Nat, Bucky, and occasionally Clint.

After I finished training for the day I jogged up to the kitchen where I cooked breakfast for myself. I sat down and started eating as more people came into the room. I had been trying to spend as much time with the team as I could. You know, just in case....

Today I was helping Tony and Bruce in the lab. I had tried to help them every now and then but they often worked alone. I wanted to help so I wandered around the lab looking over their shoulders until I got bored. Eventually I sat down at an empty desk and started fiddling with some scraps. I used some of my previous knowledge of weapons to attempt to build a small little electric disk. I was putting a piece around the rim when the doors swung open.

"Mr Stark i'm so sorry i'm late! I was talking to Ned about- ooooo what's that??"

I looked up to see Tony rolling his eyes at Peter. "Yea ok. I made some adjustments to your suit. Try it on."

The glee on Peters face was adorable. He graciously took the suit from Tony and walked into a side room.

"He really adores you Stark, you know that right?" I say.

Tony was smiles and nods while looking down at his desk. Peter comes back into the room in the suit.

"It looks great Mr. Stark! What's new?" He asks.

Tony and Peter talk in a corner and they remind me of a father and son. I chuckle and turn back towards my little mini project. I place the top on ever so gently. It clicks into place and I throw my hands into the air triumphantly.

"Oo what's that?" Peter says from behind my shoulder.

I jump in my seat. "Jesus Parker! You can't scare me like that!!" I laugh.

He just smiles at me and picks up the small disk. "It looks like there's electricity running through it. This is really cool! It's so tiny!"

I smile and snatch it back from him. "Well it's just from scraps and i'm just meddling but thanks!"

Peter and I talk for a little bit and he shows me how he makes his web fluid. It's pretty freaking cool if i'm being honest. Peter was incredibly smart for his age.

Jarvis spoke from the speakers. "Excuse me everyone. Director Fury is here and wishes to speak with everyone in the meeting room."

I looked away from Peter and took in a deep breath. They must have found out something about Jaden. I stood from the chair and started walking to the meeting room. Tony,Bruce, and Peter weren't fair behind me.

We reached the room and everyone else was already there. I sat down in one the chairs and crossed my arms. I was ready.

I was right about the news. "It was very difficult to find but we've learned that Mack goes to a club called 'Club Phoenix' every Friday night. Intel says he picks up a new woman there every week and takes her home. That's where we can bait Y/n." Fury tells us.

I look around and see the disapproving shakes of the group. Peter obviously was new to this and was surprised. None of them were going to speak, so I did.

"Ok then, Friday i'll go to the club and bring one person with me. We can get into a very loud argument and make Jaden notice. He'll see me and won't be able to resist. You guys will just watch the tracker on me." I say calmly.

Bruce speaks for the first time in forever. "Won't they immediately search for a tracker though?" He questions.

I nod. "He's right. It's part of their training to search for possible tracking devices. We have to make in indiscoverable."

It's quiet again. "Ok look. I know you guys aren't exactly fond of this mission but I need your input. If we miss one thing that's it, i'm done. You are all incredibly smart people, act like it!" I demand.

"You could make a tracker into some type of pill form so you could swallow it?" Peter quietly suggests.

I point at him. "Yes! Tony? Bruce? Can it be done?"

Tony just looks at Bruce who nods in respond.

I smile at them and let out a breath. We continued planning for the rest of the day, no breaks.

Once we're done with that Fury leaves. I walk to the kitchen and pick up the phone. The rest of the team walks in.

"What's the plan for tonight?" Clint asks.

I stick my finger up. "I just ordered a pizza. I'm going to pick it up in a few if anyone wants to come?"

I get a few volunteers and we hop in the car. I drive to the nearest pizza place and pick up the pizzas. Since we lived with a team of soldiers and literal gods I had to order like 10 pizzas. I get help carrying them and we bring them.

I toss the boxes on the counter and within minutes the pizza is gone. I roll my eyes and sit at the table with my friends. We talk for a little while.

"So tomorrow i'm probably gonna go shopping for some stuff Nat? Wanda? Wanna come?" I ask almost begging them with my eyes.

They laugh. "Of course!"

I look over at Sam who looks offended. I laugh. "Would you like to come Sam?"

He relaxes. "I would love to." He smiles mischievously. I eye him confused.

We wrap up the night with a quick game of uno where I dominate. Thor gets upset and almost flips the table.

—Time skip—

The next day near noon we head out to go shopping. We browse the stores for a dress for me to wear tomorrow. I eye a short, shiny, black dress. I walk over to it and pick it up. I smile and hold it up for my friends to see. They all nod and Sam puts up two thumbs. I hold onto the dress as we roam the rest of the store.

We end up with like three bags each when we're done. We drive back to the tower where the rest of the team is sitting around doing nothing.

"Is life really that boring for you guys without me?" I laugh as the elevator doors open.

They all turn to me and smile. As I walk closer I see that they weren't doing nothing. I raise an eyebrow when i see Steve and Thor arm wrestling.

I plop down on the the couch and enjoy the theatrics of the two of the strongest people I know doing such a thing.

Thank you guys for reading!! Thanks for the votes and the comments too! This book is possibly nearing the end but tell me if I should keep it going instead!