𝟶𝟸𝟼.

AMOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX ━━ short lived family reunion

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER TWENTY SIX ━━ short lived family reunion

━━━━━━━━━━

FLYING ON THINGS LYRA COULDN'T SEE WAS LESS SCARY THAN SHE THOUGHT. She kind of enjoyed flying on the Thestrals and going up higher than she did on her broom was slightly less terrifying with her eyes closed.

     When they finally landed, Harry led them to a thing Lyra remembered to be a telephone box. When they got in, Ron dialed some numbers and a cool female voice started talking. "Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business."

"Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Lyra Mal —" Though Harry quickly corrected himself, "Just Lyra, Ginny Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood . . . We're here to save someone, unless your Ministry can do it first!"

     "Thank you. Visitors, please take the badges and attach them to the front of your robes." Seven badges slid out of the metal chute. Hermione scooped them up and handed them to everyone.

LYRA MAL— JUST LYRA
rescue mission

"Well thanks, Harry," she said irritably.

     "Visitor to the Ministry, you are required to submit to a search and present your wand for registration at the security desk, which is located at the far end of the Atrium."

"Fine! Now can we move?" Harry asked impatiently.The floor of the telephone box started moving, and before Lyra knew it, they were at the Atrium. It was like she could remember when she went there with the people who used to be her family. The greenish-blue ceiling was inset with golden symbols that were moving and changing constantly. The dark wooden walls with many gilded fireplaces set into them, and the large golden fountail. It looked less amazing now that the light was dimmed down.

    "The Ministry of Magic wishes you a pleasant evening," spoke the voice. The door of the telephone box opened; Harry fell out of it, followed by Neville and Luna.

"Come on." The seven of them sprinted off down the hall. They passed through the golden gates to the lifts. Harry pressed the nearest down button and they dashed inside the lift. He stabbed the number nine button and the lift began to descend.

      When it halted, the cool female voice spoke, "Department of Mysteries," and the grilles slid open. They stepped out into the corridor. Harry turned towards a black door. "Let's go," he whispered, leading the way down the corridor.

"Okay, listen," Harry stopped again. "Maybe . . . maybe a couple of people should stay here as a — as a lookout, and —"

     "And how're we going to let you know something's coming?" asked Ginny. "You could be miles away."