𝟎𝟔

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

MINA BALANCED THE TRAY with one hand carefully as she searched for a table in the bustling cafeteria

MINA BALANCED THE TRAY with one hand carefully as she searched for a table in the bustling cafeteria. Lexi had texted that she had to meet with her math teacher about retaking a quiz she'd missed, so she'd be a little late to lunch.

Of course, the only available tables were the furthest away so she quickened her pace to save one before they were occupied.

Sure she could've sat with Kat, but since Nate and Maddy had gotten back together she really didn't want to join that table.

"Mina!" a jovial voice called out. She turned around in confusion and saw Jules waving her over with a bright smile on her face. She returned it and greeted them both.

"Come sit with us," Jules offered.

"That's so nice of you, thanks. What are we talking about?"

Mina was just about to sit when Rue answered, "dick pics."

"This one's huge. Wanna see?"

Mi shook her head so fast she got dizzy. "I'm good. You know what, I'm just gonna wait for Lexi over there."

Rue snorted with laughter as the Jacobs girl practically ran away from them.

By the time she sat down at a vacant table Lexi had already come through the cafeteria doors and located her.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," she apologized, and set her stuff down.

"It's all good. I just sat down anyway, I was talking to Rue and Jules."

"Oh."

Mina paused, taking in Lexi's tense expression. "What?"

"Nothing I– you know... I miss Rue."

Of course, Lexi had confided in her a long time ago about her true romantic feelings for Rue, but she hadn't verbalized how her new friendship with Jules made her feel replaced. Mina felt bad for not noticing it earlier.

"We can go sit with them if you want. They invited me just now."

"No, it's okay," Lex sighed. "If Rue wanted to talk to me, she would."

She stole a carrot from Mi's tray and crunched away.

"Does it have to do with Jules?" she asked gently.