Chapter 6

A/N: Please go to the summary part of the story before continuing to read! I also edited and added stuff to previous chapters, they're slightly better now lol so go back if you'd like!

Katelyn's pov

I woke up to the sound of voices and slowly peeled my eyes open.

"-shouldn't even be here" A masculine voice that was kind of deep spoke.

"She's not a mundane Alec." Another voice responded.

"How do you know that?" The voice now identified as Alec asked.

"Because the seraph blade lit up when she touched it!"

I slowly sat up, none of them noticing me until I spoke up, "I promise you, she is a Shadowhunter."

They all turned to look at me. The blond which I recognized to be Jace, had a pretty blank expression with the slightest bit of annoyance in his eyes directed toward the guy he was arguing with. The girl with long, wavy brown hair who I remember was dancing at the club had a kind expression with a smile, probably glad that I was awake. Clary, who was sitting up on another bed a bit away from me, had a look of relief mixed with confusion. Lastly the tall brunette who I helped back at the Pandemonium held annoyance and frustration in his eyes. I could see the small hint of relief in his eyes too though as he looked me over, scanning for injuries I assume.

The pretty brunette girl stood up, walking closer toward my bed, Jace taking her place on Clary's.

"Hey, I'm Isabelle Lightwood, but you can call me Izzy." She gave me a soft smile, but I tensed a bit anyway when she sat on my bed. If she noticed, she didn't say anything as Jace started to speak.

"I'm Jace Wayland" He introduced himself to us, though mostly my little sister it would seem since he was looking at her.

"I'm uh-"

"Clary Fray," he interrupted before turning to look at me once again. "And your Katelyn Fray, we know who you are."

My heart started beating faster than normal. Sure I know their names now, but that doesn't make me trust them at all. I subconsciously moved my hand to where my thigh holster was for my daggers and seraph blade, only to realize it wasn't there. I panicked a bit, but continued to listen to the conversation, staying alert of the people around me.

"Am I the only one who finds this unusual?"

"You find everything unusual, Alec."

"I have to report this to the Clave," I rolled my eyes at that. So he was one of those people.

"You know what? Dial it down a notch" Jace retorts, clearly annoyed with the guy as well.

"My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on."

"I love you too. But this just-"

"Hey, you know what? Give me a minute." The room is silent for a moment and Clary glances at me again, clearly confused and afraid as well. I can't say I blame her considering she was told nothing about this other world, hidden from the mundane eye.

"Here's a word you never hear me say. Please?" Jace spoke up once again.

"What is with you? Really no, what is with him?" Alec directs at the blond and then to his sister, clearly agitated by the whole situation.

Izzy stands up, walking toward Alec and grabbing his arm, "Walk with me big brother." Just like that, the two walk out of the room, talking with each other.

"Your wound, it's healed" Jace gestured toward Clary's shoulder where the demon probably scratched her.

I glared at him in distrust, not liking how close he was to her. Sure, Clary can do what she wants and he saved us. Other than that though, there's no reason I should put my full trust into him.