The Dream

Hey everyone, here's a new chapter. I actually wrote this on the spur of a moment when I thought of it and I thought it would be really cute, so bear in mind it is short. Anyway I hope you like it xxx

Kol's pov (dream)

I arrive home and walk into the house and smile as I instantly smell something sweet being baked in the kitchen. Most likely brownies or cookies "I'm home" I announce as I shut the door behind me.

"Daddy!" two little voices yell before I hear feet scrambling towards me before a little boy and a little girl looking around 3-4 years old appear, both have brown hair, big cheeky grins and mischief sparkling in their eyes.

"There's my little trouble makers" I say as I crouch down "come give me a hug" I say holding my arms out "me first!" the boy yells "no me first!" the girl yells as they push and shove their way towards me. "Darlings relax, you both get a hug" I say with a chuckle as they run into my arms and I wrap my arms around them.

Pick them up as I stand up and they wrap their little arms around my neck "have you two been good today?" I ask looking between the two. The two look at each other before looking at me flashing sweet innocent smiles "yes daddy" they say making me smirk.

"Children are you lying to me?" I ask in a slight playful tone "no daddy" they respond making me chuckle. I look at my daughter who has something in the pocket of her dungarees that she's wearing. "What you got there princess?" I ask and I watch as she dips her hand in the pocket and pulls out a cookie.

"A cookie" she says holding it up "oh wow, does mommy know you have that cookie?" I ask suspiciously "no" she replies shaking her head. "Don't tell mommy" she whispers holding a finger to her lips, I chuckle and kiss her head.

"Okay who took a cookie?" Davina calls out from the kitchen making her eyes widen "uh oh" she says making me chuckle as she snaps the cookie in half and gives half to her brother before shoveling her half into her mouth making her look like a chipmunk causing me to laugh.

Davina suddenly appears wearing a navy blue button up shirt over a white tank top and high waisted skinny jeans, she's also wearing an apron round her which is covered in flour. She smiles as she sees me "hello love" I say as I walk over and give her a kiss which she returns "eww" the the kids say making us laugh as we pull away.

"How was your day?" Davina asks looking at me "it was averagely okay but it's much better now I'm home" I respond making a smile appear on her face. "Well it's good to have you home, we missed you" she says leaning up and giving me a kiss on the cheek making me smile.

She turns her attention to the kids in my arms "now which one of you took a cookie?" she asks folding her arms across her chest. The two look at each other before pointing at each other "she did it" "he did it" they say at the same time making us laugh slightly. 

"Children what have me and daddy told you about lying?" Davina asks giving them a look making them sigh "lying is bad" our son answers "that's right now who took the cookie?" she asks "me mommy" our daughter says raising her hand. 

"Okay and why did you take the cookie you know I said you couldn't have one until after dinner" Davina said "I wanted a cookie" she replies "I know and I said not until dinner so why did you take it?" she questions "I was saving it for later" she explains "okay and when where is the cookie now?" she asks with her hands on her hips.

"In my tummy and his" our daughter responds pointing to her brother, Davina sighs "well at least it was just the one but next time I tell you not until dinner listen to me okay?" Davina says "okay mommy, I'm sorry" she responds making Davina smile as she takes her from my arms.